VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thought I would've seen this by now, but has anyone been to the Lodge since the storm? How did she fare? Any tree damage? Or damage at all?

Seth

Wilderness Lodge area looks great based on videos on I saw on Facebook for Humphrey's Wilderness Lodge site. He did several videos recently that doesn't show any damage.

Congrats @Nikki G!!

Well, whoop it up because our sale closed yesterday and our deed was officially recorded on the comptroller site today!! We are official BRV owners! And it came at the perfect time because yesterday was a crappy day for me!

So because it was resale, it can take anywhere from 7-14 days, I am told, to get member number by calling member administration. Then maybe another day or so for points to be loaded and then, we can finally book our first trip as owners for June 2018!

I cannot believe how this all played out. Being a DVC owner has been a dream of mine for a long time and seeing WL in June just made it all come together because that was when I finally knew where I wanted our "home" to be. I'm so happy my dream came true!
A big WOOHOO! for Ariel!! I know you've been looking to get that contract for some time, so I'm happy to hear your dream DVC home is now a reality.

Congrats @Nikki G!!

Well, whoop it up because our sale closed yesterday and our deed was officially recorded on the comptroller site today!! We are official BRV owners! And it came at the perfect time because yesterday was a crappy day for me!

So because it was resale, it can take anywhere from 7-14 days, I am told, to get member number by calling member administration. Then maybe another day or so for points to be loaded and then, we can finally book our first trip as owners for June 2018!

I cannot believe how this all played out. Being a DVC owner has been a dream of mine for a long time and seeing WL in June just made it all come together because that was when I finally knew where I wanted our "home" to be. I'm so happy my dream came true!
Congrats!

Hello, Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to the page. We are new DVC owners, just closed on our BRV resale package in July, and added some more direct points yesterday in what was potentially the easiest transaction ever (10 minutes total). ....... We can't wait to see how beautiful the Lodge looks at Christmas and see all the new additions. I've heard it's gorgeous, and I am a Christmas NUT!

Congrats @Nikki G!!

Well, whoop it up because our sale closed yesterday and our deed was officially recorded on the comptroller site today!! We are official BRV owners!

Congratulations Nikki & Ariel !!!

Welcome Home.jpg

Awesome news Ariel!!

I too am a fan of Copland(as I was mainly introed via WL music). And some classical though it can wear on me after a while.
Twinkle, would love to hear Art Carney as Christmas approaches. He is a hoot. I love the old classic shows too, far better than most of whats on now.

Julie, what you say about age is true. My 85 yr young Dad still gets out and goes to work with us, loves to spin his tires when it snows, etc. I too feel like Disney keeps me young. And I like it. At 52, I still feel doggone young though the pains last a bit longer than they used too. But I don't le any of that slow me down. As a former HS teacher tells folks, age is just a number and mines unlisted:D

I have a prayer request. Tammy's Mom is in the hospital in the ICU. She went to the ER Tues afternoon complaining of swelling and they fixed her up and dent her home. Wed 130 am we get a call, her throat is sweeping, so back she goes. It has progressed quickly from there, kidney failure, liver levels every low, BP very low, etc. They have her sedated. They have given her antibiotics for every infection known to the medical field. If you feel so inclined please lift her and Tammy up to Him for healing

I have a prayer request. Tammy's Mom is in the hospital in the ICU. She went to the ER Tues afternoon complaining of swelling and they fixed her up and dent her home. Wed 130 am we get a call, her throat is sweeping, so back she goes. It has progressed quickly from there, kidney failure, liver levels every low, BP very low, etc. They have her sedated. They have given her antibiotics for every infection known to the medical field. If you feel so inclined please lift her and Tammy up to Him for healing

Prayers going out for Tammy's Mom and for her Dr's to find what her body is fighting so hard. :hug:

Our thoughts and well-wishes to you all, JT.

Jimmy...Prayers going up now for Tammy's mother, her doctors and your extended family at this time. prayer.jpg

So sorry to hear that Jimmy. Definitely will be keeping Stella in my prayers. She's such a sweet woman. :hug:

Hello, Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to the page. We are new DVC owners, just closed on our BRV resale package in July, and added some more direct points yesterday in what was potentially the easiest transaction ever (10 minutes total). We are a family of four with my DH, DD (8yo), and DS (5yo). We stayed at Wilderness Lodge on our first major Disney trip as a family last October and simply fell in love with The Lodge and Disney World. It suits us down to the ground. The children beg to go back there as soon as we can manage. After much discussion and research we decided to join the DVC family. Now we are excited to embark on our full fledged journey! We are headed down to Florida for Christmas this year (in-laws have a vacation house in Estero) and we decided to tack on a few days in Disney at either the beginning or the end. Looks like it will be Dec 21-24 as we have a gaping hole in the reservation from Jan 2-5 (just no rooms anywhere for Jan 3-4). I prefer the December one anyway, so if the January wait list doesn't come through, it's all good. We aren't planning on doing the parks, we are just desperate to be able to enjoy some Disney time to tide us over until our next big trip, which will be November 2018. We are staying at Saratoga Springs for this go around since we want to check out Disney Springs. But we plan to see the resorts decked out in all their holiday finery on one of the days. We can't wait to see how beautiful the Lodge looks at Christmas and see all the new additions. I've heard it's gorgeous, and I am a Christmas NUT!

I'm sure I will be full of questions as I learn to navigate everything in this process. Disney sure doesn't make it easy. So thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Welcome home!

A big WOOHOO! for Ariel!! I know you've been looking to get that contract for some time, so I'm happy to hear your dream DVC home is now a reality.
Thank you!

Congrats!
Thanks!

Congratulations Nikki & Ariel !!!

View attachment 271011
Thank you!

Awesome news Ariel!!
Thank you!

Hoping for answers and a much needed recovery!

Will do. Sorry this is happening.

Thanks folks!! Keep the prayers flowing. Her white blood cell counts are slowly moving upward, so far they are keeping her away from dialysis, and though things look bleak, we have a glimmer of hope, a little more positive that this time yesterday.

Winging prayer heavenward JT! May you feel the love and peace of the great healer as he surrounds you with his presence.
Good to hear that things are looking up!
Please keep us updated.

Wow! I can't believe it's been nearly 8 weeks since I checked in! First off, prayers go out to JT's mother in law. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for her! And, while I'm catching up, congrats on the grand baby!! Thought's and belated prayers to all recovering from the effects of the hurricanes as well. My dad is straddling 2 properties in Fort Myers (imagine, the closing on the one had to be delayed until after Irma). So, now he is doing repairs to pass inspection and reschedule the closing. Had to spend an extra week in MN as his return flight was cancelled and rescheduling took a week -- man was he a mess. Then I have coworkers going through parental health and stress issues too, so I will share this with you all as it seemed to offer some solace there....

https://everyrecordtellsastory.com/2015/02/14/tom-petty-walls-circus/

Anyways, glad to hear folks are safe and well! Welcome to newbies as well!

BTW, the NZ pictures reminded me of Glacier -- which is the last I posted just before I left. Simply amazing, as I loved it and HUCKLEBERRY everything. Found a place called the Whiskey barn where they pour flights of whiskey..maybe that's why I haven't been around....found something called "Fireweed" see link...

https://www.glacierdistilling.com/b...fireweed-whiskeys-among-the-best-in-the-world

Anyways, Glacier was amazing and if I learn how to post a pic I will. Then closing my dad's summer place up, and of course fantasy football season and time at Lake Superior and there goes the last 7 weeks!

Yikes! I have to start March dining reservations in less than a week! I have to get into the Disney groove! I'm sure the groupies thread can help me out...

Oh, and I almost had to run for more "Fireweed" when I got to the part about California Grill turning into a buffet -- thank goodness that was cleared up quickly or I wouldn't have finished catching up!

Anyways, Welcome to the weekend all -- well one day early.....

Ron
Thanks for sharing the video! Never heard that song before but it speaks to me. So many times I hear a song and it just is that a song, but then you hear the same song in a moment in life and it touches you in a different way. That happened yesterday when I heard the lyrics of a Jonny Diaz song, "Just Breathe" and I had to share it with Tammy. She needed those lyrics at that moment. Music can be taken so for granted, yet it can be so powerful at times

Musings:
- Obviously prayers for Tammy's Mom. Together we can be one; to share the joys of the Lodge, and the fears with which we are challenged.
- I must always remind myself when in prayer; "but by Your will", because I know all prayers are answered, but in His way.
- And so many need our prayers and help due to horrendous storms and terrifying earthquakes. And we hear of those devastated by loss and death, yet of those saved from the tumult.
- DiznyDi and I, as do so many, have a dear friend that was in the path of one of those challenges. In the face of no electricity and services, we somehow received last night a wonderful answer by E-Mail that she is well and family is OK. We
have no idea how it was sent, and can't return our praises at this time. But we thank Him for this small gift.
- I just don't know how long it will take for my brain to quickly connect "BRV" with The Lodge . . . . . I'm still feeling violated: not by new offerings and members, but just by the name change.
- DiznyDi is on a count down for a 3 day training session in Georgia in 12 days, after which she and DD will spend a week in The World @ AKL. For those that may not know, DiznyDi is a team member with Holly Pike of YouCanDigitize.com
and digitizes designs for the website. Next time you run into her in The World, check out the purse she is carrying.
- OK, I'm done. To those that continued reading after the first line, Thanks. To those that are not reading this, well, you were lucky today . . . .

- I just don't know how long it will take for my brain to quickly connect "BRV" with The Lodge . . . . . I'm still feeling violated: not by new offerings and members, but just by the name change.

We all still technically own at VWL though DDad - don't forget that! If they want to do a "DBA" good for them but I shall mostly reference the proper name. Kind of like my mother often called for Kathryn instead of Kathy and no, it wasn't because I was in trouble. :goodvibes (well, maybe sometimes but not always! :rotfl:)

Ron...great to see you back here, and enjoy your March trip planning. :)

Jimmy...I know what you mean about connecting songs with moments in time. Very powerful and its funny how it can trigger emotions even decades later. Prayers continue to go up for Tammy's mother and her family.

DDad...you're sounding a little philosophical this morning, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Don't worry about the BRV designation. On our next trip I'll probably spend a day at MGM and then head to Downtown Disney for a bite to eat! :)

Kathryn...while we don't do very well with name changes here, that's a lovely one. But we'll keep it reserved for your mother to use! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter