Volunteering for RunDisney - volunteer dress code?

hungrygreenhippo

DIS Veteran
I moved to Orlando a few months ago and I'd like to volunteer for Marathon weekend. I've been checking the website every week or so and I noticed they finally started putting up some new information, but the volunteer registration still hasn't opened yet. How quickly do the volunteer spots fill up? Should I start checking the site everyday? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

I recently registered to volunteer for the Wine & Dine Half, and registration filled up within 20 minutes (after that, the only volunteer option for the half was the waitlist). Run Disney announced on twitter when the volunteer registration would open. I would subscribe to their email list and/or follow them on Facebook or Twitter if you have those accounts.

That said, I was on the volunteer waitlist for both the WDW Marathon and the Princess Half earlier this year, and both times I recieved a volunteer position. If they have space, they will assign you something, but you don't get to choose the role or the shift time, so keep that in mind.

I hope this helps! I love volunteering at Disney races.

Did you get signed up to volunteer?

I'm signed up to volunteer at the 5K in January; hoping to be somewhere where I might possibly see DH and DS go by. :)

I'm on the waitlist for the marathon, too.

On the site it says they'll send out finalized emails about 30 days out, but I haven't gotten one.

Did you get signed up to volunteer?

I'm signed up to volunteer at the 5K in January; hoping to be somewhere where I might possibly see DH and DS go by. :)

I'm on the waitlist for the marathon, too.

On the site it says they'll send out finalized emails about 30 days out, but I haven't gotten one.

If you don't get selected, don't feel bad. You can always join the WISH team who cheer and provide much needed support on the course where it exits from DHS. I think our beer stop at mile 24 could always use volunteers too. :drinking1

DW has volunteered again, this time for the Half. DD also is in for the Half and just received her info in the mail yesterday.

............I think our beer stop at mile 24 could always use volunteers too. :drinking1

For distribution or consumption? :rolleyes1

I've been thinking that a mini McFlurry stop at mile 15 would be cool.

McFlurry John

If you don't get selected, don't feel bad. You can always join the WISH team who cheer and provide much needed support on the course where it exits from DHS. I think our beer stop at mile 24 could always use volunteers too. :drinking1

Now that sounds like fun.

For distribution or consumption? :rolleyes1

Good question. :)

Should probably check the mail, since I got an email telling me I should have gotten mail.

DW has volunteered again, this time for the Half. DD also is in for the Half and just received her info in the mail yesterday. For distribution or consumption? :rolleyes1
I imagine they'll be doing both while waiting for us to pass by :)

I ended up missing the volunteer registration for Marathon weekend, but signed up on the wait list. I guess I better check the mail to see if I'm in or not. I did get signed up for Princess weekend though.

I'm volunteering for Princess weekend at the Expo on Saturday and the race on Sunday. I got an email today that volunteers have to wear khaki or neutral colored pants. No jeans. I'm hoping this is for the Expo only since the subject of the email was "*** VOLUNTEER REMINDER*** 2015 Disney's Fit for a Princess Expo". I have a pair of khaki-colored shorts for the Expo but I don't really want to wear shorts at 5 in the morning on race day.

Does anyone with past experience know if khakis are required for volunteering at the race too or if jeans are okay? Or what exactly counts as being a neutral colored? Do you think black pants are okay? What do they have against jeans anyway?

I wore dark blue pants. They were totally fine.

I think they just want people to look nice, and traditionally jeans are really casual and not "nice".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter