Volcano Bay vs. Other Orlando Water Parks- Which is best? (POLL)

Which water park would you choose to visit?

• Universal's Volcano Bay

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sea World's Aquatica

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Disney's Typhoon Lagoon

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Disney's Blizzard Beach

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are planning our first trip to Universal Studios Orlando and were considering doing a day at Volcano Bay. Kids are 6 and 8 years old. We are big Disney fans and have been once to Typhoon Lagoon and loved it. We were really excited about VB, until all the bad reviews came out. I figure the kinks will be ironed out by next April (when our trip is), and we are going on a weekday during what is supposed to be a "quiet" time of year. So hopefully wait times won't be too bad.

But I have to say, watching some YouTube videos of VB didn't impress me. I hate how you can see the highway and the hotels... Typhoon Lagoon had such an immersive feel to it that we loved. VB does seem way bigger, with way more to do, but we are sort of looking to have a fun, non-stressful day for our water park day, so I am not sure it matters much to us the quantity of attractions.

Which would you choose if you had to do a day at a water park? Does anyone love VB? Its hard to find any good reviews about it.

Thanks!

Hi! We are planning our first trip to Universal Studios Orlando and were considering doing a day at Volcano Bay. Kids are 6 and 8 years old. We are big Disney fans and have been once to Typhoon Lagoon and loved it. We were really excited about VB, until all the bad reviews came out. I figure the kinks will be ironed out by next April (when our trip is), and we are going on a weekday during what is supposed to be a "quiet" time of year. So hopefully wait times won't be too bad.

But I have to say, watching some YouTube videos of VB didn't impress me. I hate how you can see the highway and the hotels... Typhoon Lagoon had such an immersive feel to it that we loved. VB does seem way bigger, with way more to do, but we are sort of looking to have a fun, non-stressful day for our water park day, so I am not sure it matters much to us the quantity of attractions.

Which would you choose if you had to do a day at a water park? Does anyone love VB? Its hard to find any good reviews about it.

Thanks!

Aquatica has always been out "go-to" water park...just love the vibe there and we can usually get a cabana for a reasonable price.

Having said that, we are going to try Volcano Bay during our trip next year but only because we are staying onsite at Universal and getting the 3-park tickets. I don't think I would make a "special trip" there as my "water park day otherwise.

Really hard to answer until we can see the extent to which VB is able to iron out its launch kinks.

OP I'm not sure the kinks will be worked out @ VB. We are waiting for the dust to settle before we attempt.

Of the other 3, TL is my favorite (literally, wave pool is killer, water coasters, nice lazy river & lots of shade.

aquatica #2, it's cheap(er) :). We added it onto a SW AP. Often just go for a few hours. Easy to get in & out of, crowds always seem lower & the one lazy river is pretty zippy.

Blizzard beach is fine, but it seems to attract a large teens/young adult crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!