VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Since you're staying on site, might as well try it. If you hate it, you can always leave early and just do the regular parks for the rest of the day. I have no idea what the wait times, but it sounds like most of your issues last year was from having to deal with the foot issues.

And don't forget, last year was their opening and they have even admitted to learning about how best to run the park. I'd take a little hope that in general this year, especially during the busy season, things might run a bit more smoothly.

Since you're staying on site, might as well try it. If you hate it, you can always leave early and just do the regular parks for the rest of the day. I have no idea what the wait times, but it sounds like most of your issues last year was from having to deal with the foot issues.

Yes...maybe. I guess I'll need to review trip reports starting in June to see how things are going.

Thanks for your input.

FYI they are allowing reservations for cabanas and premium seating for the summer now. The June pricing before peak season is $450 for lower cabana, $550 for upper, and $79 for premium seating. So the question now is - is the premium seating worth it?

FYI they are allowing reservations for cabanas and premium seating for the summer now. The June pricing before peak season is $450 for lower cabana, $550 for upper, and $79 for premium seating. So the question now is - is the premium seating worth it?

We did the premium seating for two trips: first opening weekend and second in late July. We felt it was worth it. We only rented 1 pair, but it was only 2 or 3 of us. First trip on opening weekend was just me and DS. It was great to have the locker right there and not worry about losing our stuff or seats. The server was convenient, because food lines got long last summer. The cover was nice for the sun. It also worked well when it poured rain. We just hid out under it until it stopped.

The disadvantage was that it took awhile all 3 times we rented to get it and get to the seat.

Just this week we called and reserved a family cabana for August 25th, even though the website said that they were only booking a month out. We paid $699 for that date. Expensive, but it's my son's birthday party weekend and we're renting several suites at Cabana Bay for all of his friends and family and spending a day at VB, so it only makes sense to have a "home base" with a larger group.

I still can't find any pictures or videos of the larger family cabanas... I've heard there are only two at VB. Has anyone rented one before? Is it worth it? How big are they in comparison to the standard cabanas?

:thanks: for posting!
Wow! The price has gone up from last summer. We booked a single cabana last year on July 30th and only paid $399.00 for peak time. We enjoyed the cabana and it was really nice but it is not something I would pay all the time. The premium seating is the same price as last summer. We chose not to do the premium seating. We found great chairs under an umbrella and bought our aqua vault with us. I thought that was a bit more than I wanted to spend for chairs. Honestly, when we had the cabana the server was nice to have but didn't come around as much as they should have. I think that has been a complaint with the seating also.

We are going back this June and will find our seats near the Dancing Dragons:thumbsup2. Enjoy your trip!

Just this week we called and reserved a family cabana for August 25th, even though the website said that they were only booking a month out. We paid $699 for that date. Expensive, but it's my son's birthday party weekend and we're renting several suites at Cabana Bay for all of his friends and family and spending a day at VB, so it only makes sense to have a "home base" with a larger group.

I still can't find any pictures or videos of the larger family cabanas... I've heard there are only two at VB. Has anyone rented one before? Is it worth it? How big are they in comparison to the standard cabanas?

Hi I believe you are correct. When we were there I did see one of the family cabanas it was in the River Village closer to the Wave Village. It was all by itself with no other cabanas. I rented a single one and this one was about double the size on one level. I saw over 10 people in it. I think that is a pretty good price for a family one. I would rent one again for an occasion like that.

I've searched past posts and even watched a video walkthrough of VB, but can't seem to find the answer. Does anyone know where the stand alone cabanas in the rainforest village are located?

I've searched past posts and even watched a video walkthrough of VB, but can't seem to find the answer. Does anyone know where the stand alone cabanas in the rainforest village are located?

thumbnailvb1.jpg

Hi this is a map I got last summer of the park. I have circled the cabana locations in the rainforest village. I am not sure if this will help you or not. It was under construction last summer still so there could be more cabanas just not on my map. As you can see that village is to the left of the Volcano. The the single story and two story cabanas are all mixed together so I couldn't tell you which ones are which. No maps get that specific.

Last edited:
Broke down and reserved a cabana for our trip. Really hope it's worth the cost! Got an upper cabana in the wave section. Most of the reviews I've read from the past few months say the service is great so hopefully the slow service was more of a new park thing.

Broke down and reserved a cabana for our trip. Really hope it's worth the cost! Got an upper cabana in the wave section. Most of the reviews I've read from the past few months say the service is great so hopefully the slow service was more of a new park thing.
I also just booked an upper cabana in the wave village for our upcoming trip. Are these cabanas the ones that are on the right side of the volcano as your walking in? Hoping so, what a view

I also just booked an upper cabana in the wave village for our upcoming trip. Are these cabanas the ones that are on the right side of the volcano as your walking in? Hoping so, what a view

I think so & I hope so! I've been trying to figure out if there's any cabanas straight across from the volcano that might also be in the wave village but I think it's just those to the right.

I asked specifically about those cabanas when I booked ours, and also on a previous call before my date was available. I was told both times that the cabanas to the right of the volcano are part of river village. That makes sense, too, as those cabanas are right in between the volcano and the river. I think the wave village cabanas are more to the left of the wave pool.

A couple of YouTube videos I've watched and then a guy on Facebook said that the ones to the right were part of wave village. It's so confusing! Wish they would label the map better.

A couple of YouTube videos I've watched and then a guy on Facebook said that the ones to the right were part of wave village. It's so confusing! Wish they would label the map better.
I saw the same thing on some you tube videos. I guess I should call back and confirm. I wish there was some more cabana view photos so I could decide!

I think so & I hope so! I've been trying to figure out if there's any cabanas straight across from the volcano that might also be in the wave village but I think it's just those to the right.
thumbnailvbcab.jpg

The ones I have circled here are in the wave village. They are to the left of the volcano. I dubbed this cabana row last year. We did have our cabana there and the location was good. I did not have any of the noise problems that other people had. The other two to the right of the screen near #2 are part of the wave village.

thumbnailcab21.jpg
The 5 I have circled by the volcano( near #l) and the two at the top are part of the River Village. They do have a great view however, the only downside we saw was they are on the walking path up to part of the volcano. People are really close to your cabana.

Personally, I liked those cabanas in the middle (at least if I am getting the top level.) No sand, no road noise from the highway right behind the cabana and you right in the middle of the park with great views all around. And if I remember correctly, while you are closer to the walkway, it wasn't the most crowded walk-way in the park as it basically takes you under the mountain. And most people seems to prefer to walk around the mountain instead of through it.

Ugh. That is not where I wanted to be because I think the ones clear to the left back up to the interestate. I asked to be where the B is. I might have to call again and double check and try to change it. Although she did say I was by the lazy river.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter