VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

As I was leaving Universal and Orlando today, Volcano Bay had hit capacity just after 10am per variable message signs on Universal Blvd.

This is really helpful to know. I wonder if it will still be like this next week -- no telling, but that will be my plan.

What section was your premium seating in? Sounds very frustrating re: the servers, tipping, etc. Ugh.

Honestly, the frustrations were minor, but notable as points of service. The food runner guy was very friendly! Our loungers were in the Wave Pool area, the first set to the left as you enter the sandy beach from the path...

I have a couple of questions, for those of you that have been to VB and stayed at Cabana Bay:

- How feasible is to take a "mid-day break" or a "rain break" and come back later?

- In the event of capacity closings (which will hopefully NOT be an issue by the time we go at the end of September), if you have already entered the park once, are you still unable to come back into the park? I'm wondering if there are "phased closings" like Disney has or a "no more room at the inn, period" scenario? I'd hate to buy a ticket for the whole day and only be able to use a few hours.

Thanks!

On one of the days we went with it hitting capacity, Cabana Bay had a sign out on the pathway as you were walking out letting you know that the park was at capacity and there would be no re-entry allowed. Must of been phase III closure.

We were always done by 2 or 3 at the latest and managed to beat the storms back to the resort every time. It's great being only a 5-10 minute walk from your lounger at Volcano Bay to your hotel room. Cabana Bay is the way to go! :yay:

VB question of the day - how early do the busses run from the other resorts? I heard to get to VB by 715-730 to be very close to first in line to get in, so will the busses run that early?

We were coming from Cabana Bay, so no personal experience. But from the four days we went, there were definitely people coming out of the bus tunnels by 0715. MY guess is the buses start running at 7am for 8am early entry.

Staying offsite? Plan to arrive at least an hour before park opening, if not more. We figured a half hour would be enough, no way! We are in a huge, winding line in the parking garage for security and bus loading...easily 30-40 minutes long just here. It's nuts!

Editing with an update: We are now at the park in line to get in. 90 minutes since we parked the car. Seems that the park is at capacity, but they are slowly letting people in. We are seeing wet people leaving, so that is encouraging for our prospects of actually getting in...I guess.

Editing with a recap: total of 120 minutes parking to entry when we arrived at the ramp at 8:30 for a 9:00 opening.

Once in, though, we really are enjoying it. Since we know it is at capacity we know it won't get any busier. The tapu tapu thing is working well for us, I think coming into it with an understanding of what it is and not terribly high expectations has really helped us enjoy it.

Last edited:
OK we will check with the hotel but our plan will be 7am to get on the busses. Hoping the blocked dates help a little in July with crowds/

Honestly, the frustrations were minor, but notable as points of service. The food runner guy was very friendly! Our loungers were in the Wave Pool area, the first set to the left as you enter the sandy beach from the path...

We're reserved in the Wave Pool section. You know, I started thinking, on the confirmation email it states:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TICKETS

spacer.gif

To pick up your tickets, follow the signs to the Will Call Kiosks, which are only located at the front gate of either Universal Studios Florida™ or Universal's Islands of Adventure™ theme parks. To redeem your tickets at the Will Call Kiosks you will need the credit card used for this purchase and either the QR code or order confirmation number seen to the left.
Your order contains ticket(s) valid starting May 25, 2017 with access to Volcano Bay. These ticket(s) will expire in full on the expiration date printed on ticket. Unused days will be forfeited.

I wonder if I can get this "ticket" at the Will Call kiosk at HRH and already have it my hand so I can go straight to the concierge hut at VB? Was it an actual ticket they gave you at guest relations to bring back to the concierge?

We're reserved in the Wave Pool section. You know, I started thinking, on the confirmation email it states:

spacer.gif

To pick up your tickets, follow the signs to the Will Call Kiosks, which are only located at the front gate of either Universal Studios Florida™ or Universal's Islands of Adventure™ theme parks. To redeem your tickets at the Will Call Kiosks you will need the credit card used for this purchase and either the QR code or order confirmation number seen to the left.
Your order contains ticket(s) valid starting May 25, 2017 with access to Volcano Bay. These ticket(s) will expire in full on the expiration date printed on ticket. Unused days will be forfeited.

I wonder if I can get this "ticket" at the Will Call kiosk at HRH and already have it my hand so I can go straight to the concierge hut at VB? Was it an actual ticket they gave you at guest relations to bring back to the concierge?[/QUOTE

Hi I just read jagafen's trip report and they went to guest services to the right of the turnstiles at VB to get a ticket then went to the concierge.

Hi I just read jagafen's trip report and they went to guest services to the right of the turnstiles at VB to get a ticket then went to the concierge.

Yep, I saw that. :) I was just wondering if perhaps you could bypass that if you got the "magic ticket" (as she calls it) ahead of time. Kind of like how you can do that with park tickets.

Yep, I saw that. :) I was just wondering if perhaps you could bypass that if you got the "magic ticket" (as she calls it) ahead of time. Kind of like how you can do that with park tickets.

Hi I just got off the phone with Universal. I asked her to the steps to get the tickets for reserved seating, ep etc.. She told me that I should be able to print everything at the CBBR kiosk and have my tickets. Yes if that is true than we can skip the guest relations part. When I get to CBBR I am going to swipe my card that I used and see if tickets print out for the reserved seating and ep... If it does give me a ticket than I will go right to the concierge when I get to VB. If not then I will have to stop at guest services first.

Hi I just got off the phone with Universal. I asked her to the steps to get the tickets for reserved seating, ep etc.. She told me that I should be able to print everything at the CBBR kiosk and have my tickets. Yes if that is true than we can skip the guest relations part. When I get to CBBR I am going to swipe my card that I used and see if tickets print out for the reserved seating and ep... If it does give me a ticket than I will go right to the concierge when I get to VB. If not then I will have to stop at guest services first.

Sounds good -- thanks for making that call! I'll be doing this myself over the next few days, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi:) I was wondering if anybody else has had a hard time getting EP put on their tapu tapu and had to get paper ones? If so what did you use to carry them? How does that work in a water park? I have only seen plastic wrist things like a tapu tapu type band with them at our local park.

Has anybody else had any input on how they felt the premium lounge chairs cover for shade?

:thanks:

Does anyone know if the dining plan can be used for the cabana menus? I'm guessing no, but am hoping I'm wrong!

Good question I would like to know also. I am planning on buying some of the quick service plans for a couple of days. It sounds like VB food is a little more money and that the quick service vouchers might save some money.

Honestly, they have been all over the place with the GoPro usage. I think I have seen POV's now from every slide in the park, but I have also seen multiple youtube videos of vloggers being told that they would have to put their cameras up to ride. It seems to be a very loose policy right now that can go either way depending on who the team member is working the slide entrance to the rule of the day.

I personally wouldn't bother (and I love to use my GoPro!). And that's just because I would be irritated at bringing it all the way to the slide just to have to take it back and lock it up just to be allowed on. No policy seems consistent right now.

We were told and I have seen The Tim Tracker state they he sometimes was told to put the GoPro in his pocket. But yeah, I think it's all over the map.

Just wanted to pop in and share our experience, June 21st. All in all, it was a good day. We were there for early entry (must do for onsite guests) and stayed until about 1:30. We had premium seating, which was nice, even though our view was mostly of lifejackets (#16), so not the most scenic. In the process of obtaining our premium seating, which I had reserved on April 21st when they started taking reservations, it seems as if the process has changed a bit. I'm not sure when it started, as I stopped reading VB updates a few days prior to our trip. I was told over the phone, and on our confirmation, to proceed to the concierge desk. Once there, they asked for my ticket, and I showed them my confirmation paperowrk. They told me I needed to go to guest services (to the right of the entrance, RIGHT after they scan your ticket) to get the "ticket" to submit to them in order to actually get assigned our seating. Seems a bit silly, but since we were #s 7,8, and 9 in our line to get into the parks, it didn't take too long. Probably not even 10 minutes concierge to guest services back to concierge. A very nice worker opened up the top side of the EE line (rope partition) so I could cross back down to guest services. I had explained to him the situation, so when I returned with my magic ticket, he let me back in through the rope, so I didn't have to stand in the EE line 2x.

This is helpful. This is what they originally told me that I would need to do for opening weekend. However, Guest Services said that I just needed to go to concierge in the park. Sounds like procedures are changing.

VB question of the day - how early do the busses run from the other resorts? I heard to get to VB by 715-730 to be very close to first in line to get in, so will the busses run that early?

7am, basically 1 hour before park opening for Early Entry. They are supposed to arrive every 15 minutes. We saw them coming sooner opening weekend. Where are you staying?

spacer.gif

I wonder if I can get this "ticket" at the Will Call kiosk at HRH and already have it my hand so I can go straight to the concierge hut at VB? Was it an actual ticket they gave you at guest relations to bring back to the concierge?

I am thinking the ticket is like the Express Pass ticket you get for VB.

Can you walk from Royal Pacific to Volcano Bay? It looks like it shouldn't be very far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter