Visitors while at HHI

Debby7

DIS Veteran
We are a party of 5 staying at Disney HHI from Sunday til Friday in late April. My daughter and her husband and grandpuppy will be driving down from Myrtle to visit us Monday-Wednesday. They will not be staying with us because we know the dog is not allowed. They will find someplace dog friendly.

My questions are about can they visit us (without the pup)? Can they just give our names at the gate to get in?

What about at the beach? The dog is allowed on the beach before Memorial Day and I suppose they can get to the beach by going under the beach house but how do they get past the gate at Palmetto Dunes? Can we get them a car pass since even if we pick them up at their hotel that would be too many people for one vehicle? Should we put them on the reservation( we are in a 2 bdrm) even though they will not be actually staying with us?

Haven't had this situation before--could use any and all advice, Thanks!

If you have enough occupancy, I'd just add them (without the dog :teeth:) to your reservation. They will certainly be welcome to visit during your stay regardless.

You can get them a parking pass which will provide access to the Beach House area. If you know when they will visit you at the resort, I'd just walk down to the gate and open it with your room id (you will also have a room key for them if they are on the reservation).

Yes, dogs are allowed on the beach year round before 10am. Other times/dates do have some restrictions. From Oct 1 - March 31 leashes are not required (but positive voice control is required at a minimum).

Here are the HH beach leash laws:

Dogs are not permitted - Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day

Must be on a leash:

Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. April 1 through Thursday before Memorial Day

Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday after Labor Day through September 30

Must be on leash or under positive voice control at all other times.

Persons in control of animals on the beach are required to remove and properly dispose of the animal's excrement.

Have a great stay! :)

I second the idea of putting them on your reservation. This seems the easiest way to solve your problem and does not cost you anymore money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter