Visiting in February 2019 - good time?

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

My in-laws are going out to live in Singapore for a while and we're planning to visit them in February/March 2019.

The plan is to spend 5 days with them in Singapore (hopefully visiting Universal Studios, though they're not very enthusiastic about theme parks....!). We'd fly to HK, do 2 nights at HKDL then 3 or 4 nights in Hong Kong itself. The dates I'm looking at are 20 Feb-3 March, so we'd be in Disneyland Tue 26 and Wed 27 Feb.

What is this time of year likely to be like in terms of weather and crowds? It looks like Chinese New Year is 5 Feb next year so I'm guessing shouldn't affect crowds at the end of the month, but I might be wrong about that.

Thanks!

Crowds shouldn't be too bad because it's more than halfway through the Chinese New Years event. Plus, Shanghai Disneyland absorbs a lot more of the Chinese New Year tourism than HKDL. Weather also tends to be nice (wear long sleeves but it won't feel too cold) with chances of mild drizzling but low chance of significant rain.

The castle renovation is expected to last until at least next summer so be aware that there will be no fireworks.

Crowds shouldn't be too bad because it's more than halfway through the Chinese New Years event. Plus, Shanghai Disneyland absorbs a lot more of the Chinese New Year tourism than HKDL. Weather also tends to be nice (wear long sleeves but it won't feel too cold) with chances of mild drizzling but low chance of significant rain.

The castle renovation is expected to last until at least next summer so be aware that there will be no fireworks.

Thanks for your reply, that's really helpful. That's a shame about the fireworks but at least I know in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter