Virgin Flights to MCO This Week...

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Morning all,

I'm sure that I read somewhere last night when I was tired that Virgin have cancelled all flights to MCO until Sunday and all flights to Miami until the 30th... However I wanted to double check what I'd read and now I can't find it.

Its just a niggle in my head (bit paranoid as we are flying on the 30th) as I can't understand why they would cancel the MCO flights when the airport has fully reopened.

I've checked this today (https://www.virginatlantic.com/flightinfo/viewFlightStatusByOrigin ) which seems to indicate that today's flight is on schedule. Did anyone else see the thing saying they have cancelled flights or was it a dream?! I'm not even sure what website I was on now!

IMG_4736.JPG Just found it - its on Virgin's own website! So they're not making flights out until Sunday even tho the parks are all open?! Or you can just choose not to fly if you want!?

Its too early for all this thinking...

Virgin are flying but they have allowed people to change there plans if they want too.

For example if you were planning on travelling to the keys you would want to change!

Our friends flew with VA in the last week. They were told that the post Irma flights were all now over sold as they allowed other customers to rebook even though the flights already sold out.

I'm assuming this announcement is to try and drum up people to move their flights!

They have cancelled flights from Manchester to MCO on some Sunday mornings lately usually VS75 which isn't good for my family. They have been trying to make everyone take the later flight. That isn't good for us our business class and PE class cabins are full but there were (last time I checked) 200 Economy seats. That's just on the way out on 15 October, on the return flight there are a few seats in Economy still but not as bad, all the BC and PE seats are pretty much booked up too.
We booked with VA direct to arrive on time and not get messed about. AA were unreliable changing our indirect flights twice in a month I don't want to go through that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter