VGC - in June. Possible at 7 months?

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
We have been home a few days now from a 7 night Fantasy cruise followed by 4 days in the World. Great trip. We were hanging out in the pool at BRV and discussing our next trip. Hubby said he would love to go to DL. We used to live within walking distance back in the mid 80's.

How hard is it to get a 1 bedroom at the 7 month mark for June? Impossible or very likely?

It is hard but you might be able if you get on right at 7 months. With Star Wars opening up who knows though. Might be crazy packed next year.

A big key is to be very flexible about dates. If you have very set dates, it can be difficult. June tends to be a harder month due to the start of schools being out for summer in various places. Add in Star Wars, and I'd expect difficulty.

I agree - if you can be flexible with dates and try a few times you could likely have a chance for a 1BR right at 8am at 7 months. I'd say that middle of the month is the worst. End of the month and perhaps the very beginning of the month might be better possibilities. Weekends will be better. A lot relates to AP blackout dates for DL. Those are changed for next year - more blackout dates for all but the tippy top passes. But Star Wars will be opening up in the "summer"........

Be aware that SWL will open in "Summer 2019", which technically goes until 20th of September. In June it may not be open yet or it might be open only for (expensive paid) previews.

I will say it's possible because we just got back from an end of June trip. I ended up stalking the availability tool for about a month watching for dates to open up and finally, a 5-night stretch opened and I took it. As someone else said, you have to be flexible with your dates. We had to be willing to endure pre-July 4th crowds and what turned out to be the opening of Pixar Pier (not too much of an effect really once the AP blackout dates kicked in).

Be persistent, be flexible, and don't give up. The dates I got were not exactly at the 7-month window, just inside of the window actually, and for dates that I know were showing fully booked before, so I got lucky with someone giving up a reservation and picking it up.

I had completely forgotten about Star Wars land opening. Not sure I want to be there for that either. Maybe 2020 would be a better plan.

Be aware that SWL will open in "Summer 2019", which technically goes until 20th of September. In June it may not be open yet or it might be open only for (expensive paid) previews.

The new blackouts start in June. Probably a good indicator of the planned opening.

I did it twice with much persistence. One year I eventually got a studio waitlist and the studio ended up being accessible. The second time I just went and took the one bedroom and was lucky to have that.

It's really hard to get at the 7 month mark. Most people don't realize, there are a grand total of 23 studios and 23 one-bedrooms (as lock-offs) and then 2-bedroom units. Unlike most WDW properties where the 1-bedrooms are often readily available at 7 months, studios and one-bedrooms are almost as equally difficult to get. If you get lucky and the rooms are available at your 7-month window - you can log on right at 8 AM, and hope and prey your computer is faster than all the other 7-month people.

However, if you are patient you can waitlist at 7 months. Talking to a few VGC owners, they tend to book rooms knowing they may or may not be going, but they know the only way to book is to beat the 7 month mark. So VGC owners tend to cancel with short notice more than I think the average WDW person does. We actually got a 1-bedroom for February break in 2016 - but had to wait for the waitlist to come through a mere 33 days before our trip.

My advice would be have a back-up plan. We are thinking of going out next year for D23 - and while we wouldn't stay at VGC during the convention, we would love to stay there a few nights before to enjoy the park. However, I am in serious doubt that we will get anything - so am expecting to stay at our stand-by, the Tropicana Inn and Suites. I may still waitlist and see what we get.

I’ve gotten VGC at 7 mos 4xs always 1 or 2 bed and even Xmas to NY this year BUT I don’t plan to ever get it again at all without doing a transfer with an owner once Star Wars is open. Rental requests will be through the roof and may even get a cost premium enticing owners to rent as well as other members walking like it’s going out of style (and I don’t want any reservation that badly). So I’d say, if you can try to get in before the opening!

I’ve gotten VGC at 7 mos 4xs always 1 or 2 bed and even Xmas to NY this year BUT I don’t plan to ever get it again at all without doing a transfer with an owner once Star Wars is open. Rental requests will be through the roof and may even get a cost premium enticing owners to rent as well as other members walking like it’s going out of style (and I don’t want any reservation that badly). So I’d say, if you can try to get in before the opening!

Depending on when it opens that is not possible. Our oldest daughter is a teacher and is going with us. So we have to wait for school to be out. :( Is there an opening date other than Summer of 2019?

Depending on when it opens that is not possible. Our oldest daughter is a teacher and is going with us. So we have to wait for school to be out. :( Is there an opening date other than Summer of 2019?

Not yet, but they will certainly be shooting for the start of the summer.

this past year, I was able to book 3 consecutive nights in a 2BR. I did it 4 months in advance (booked for May 2018 in january). Like someone else said -- if you have flexibility in your dates, you can probably make it happen.

Maybe do a transfer to be sure. I’ve seen rental requests for VGC going for $18.50/19 on some posts. So it’s alreasy starting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!