Very disappointed in Narcoossee's

marialexus35

Earning My Ears
We dined at Narcoossee's on our last trip in December. We were on the dining plan so we had to use 2 table service dinners for it but it was a special trip so I wanted to splurge. Reviews said the lobster was good so we both ordered the 2 pound lobsters. The lobster looked good but was tough and absolutely without flavor. I had to soak it in lot of drawn butter to get any taste. The sides were not great either. The only really delicious part of the meal was the Almond Crusted Cheese Cake!
We will never dine there again.

We were also disappointed.... but by the brunch. I will call it a "once and done" for us. The service was terribly slow, the appetizers were okay but the entrees were flavorless and the dessert inedible. Agree with you that we will not be returning. Too many other great options!

We ate there in Dec and agree that the lobster was tasteless. We remembered why we hadn't been there in a few years and we decided to write the place off for good. The food and service have always been just ok. A disappointment for the price paid.

We ate there in December as well. I wonder if there is someone new in charge there. The lobster bisque came out with a skin on it and my shrimp in the shrimp and grits came out burned. My son's filet came out purple and cold on the inside when ordered medium. I sent it back but it came out charred and with the inside still rare, outside edges medium rare. My lobster (butter poached) was undercooked as well and flavorless. Service was not good at addressing any of the issues and I couldn't even get a second glass of wine to make it all more palatable. While the coconut chocolate creme brulee was not creme brulee, it was tasty and my son loved his brownie ice cream sundae but it was a huge waste of time and money going there. It's off my list for the time being for sure. Interesting that everyone who had a bad experience went in December though.

I have always had great food and experience there. I'm going again in March so I guess I'll find out firsthand

I have always had great food and experience there. I'm going again in March so I guess I'll find out firsthand
I don't think any restaurant is all good or all bad.. even good restaurants have bad nights. It's just interesting to me that all of these bad reports are from December... I wonder if there is something to it. Hopefully they are back on the rails for March!

I don't think any restaurant is all good or all bad.. even good restaurants have bad nights. It's just interesting to me that all of these bad reports are from December... I wonder if there is something to it. Hopefully they are back on the rails for March!
We were hoping to try it on our next trip. I am allergic to lobster, so that won't be an issue. I would love to hear some reviews about other dishes during a month other than December lol.

We go their for the Almond Crusted Cheesecake specifically. We tried some appetizers there in the past and didn't care for them, so we never bothered to order entrees.
In general, I'm wary of ordering seafood at restaurants, they will usually disappoint you.
Even on the dining plan, I'd be pretty upset to spend two credits on sub-par seafood.

We decided to skipit last time. I just didnt want to have to deal with a dress code.

We went in March and it seemed to be not as good as we remembered. There was something not on the menu any longer (crab cakes I believe), and when inquired about them, were told there was a new chef. Perhaps this is part of the reason, but I certainly agree it has dropped in quality. Used to be our favorite, but last trip California Grill and Jiko both blew it out of the water

We haven't been since Nov. so if there's a new chef since then, out experiences won't reflect that. However on our visits we've always had great service and delicious food. My DH and older DS love the mussels and lobster mac & cheese and they've gotten both more than once. My younger DS and I have had the filet 4x between us, always cooked perfectly and delicious! It's also hard to beat the almond crusted cheesecake. Older DS did get another dessert once, I didn't look at the menu before answering here but it was a chocolate bar of sorts and it was heaven. All in all extremely pleased with our meals there but again, it's been 8 months since we went last.

Narcoosees is like Yachtsman to us: hit and miss, but the misses are so big we find it not worth going again.

December was our 4th time to dine at Narcoosee's. It will be the last for a very long time. All five of us were very disappointed in our food. :-(

Narcoossee's is probably our least favorite of all the signature spots. Location is great but compared to the others I find their prices are ridiculous for what you get. Citrico's has been our favorite spot at GF for a while now!

We decided to skipit last time. I just didnt want to have to deal with a dress code.
The dress code has pretty low standards, not really a challenge. To be honest, I wish their standards were higher:

Narcoossee's
Grand Floridian - Resort

EXTERIOR | INTERIOR | FOOD
Menus
-- Dinner - Seafood (Other cuisines: American)
-- Brunch - American (Other cuisines: Seafood)
-- Children's Dinner - American

Reader Rating (Dinner): 9/10 | Reviews
Reader Rating (Brunch): 8.8/10 | Reviews

Price Range:
Dinner - $$$$
Brunch - $$$
Children's Dinner - $

Discounts available, see specific menu for details.

Share Your Review (Dinner)
Share Your Review (Brunch)

ShareThis

Description:
Type of Service:

Table Service
Special Diets:
Gluten Free Options: Yes, items on menu
Dress Code:
Resort Casual (no bathing suits, no flip-flops, no torn clothing)
Booking Requirements:
Credit Card Required to Hold Reservation* - Book 180 Days in Advance

We were just there for dinner on the 4th of July, and everything was perfect, from service to food. Before that, we had brunch in October, and that was perfect as well. This is a must do for my family nearly every time we visit, and it hasn't disappointed yet. It's one of our favorite Signatures...

So disappointed to hear this. My husband and I eat here every year on our vacation and he tells everyone it's the best redfish dish he has ever had. We will be there in October and I'm curious to see how it will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter