Vero Beach opinions please

BEACHCLUBVILLAS

Mouseketeer
We are heading to Vero for a couple nights with another couple. Would you:

Get a 2 BR? ( it’s the most points but can we can hang out together in kitchen/ living room area. What’s the view?)
2 standard view studios? (Lowest points. Find someplace to hang out. What’s the view?)
2 ocean View inn rooms? ( medium points - ocean view. Is it big enough to socialize in the room. Are there any connecting rooms?)

We like a view and we like to hang out and catch up and enjoy cocktails.

There are internally connecting rooms, but you cannot be guaranteed to get them. I would get the 2 ocean view rooms, put “Travel with” and hope you get the connecting ones. We did get them the only time we hoped to get them!

Love Vero! Love the convenience of the inn rooms (really, it's so compact that everything you need is a less than 5 minute walk). Plus the bar (I think it's the Green Cabin Room) has a beautiful patio overlooking the ocean which is perfect to socialize on, then have everyone just stumble back to their (very close) rooms!

The inn rooms are your basic DVC studio although the balcony is large enough for the 4 of you to enjoy. If you are planning on hanging out in the rooms there won't really be any place to sit other than the beds.

If it's anything longer than a night or two I'd go for the 2 bedroom. We often rent houses when travelling with friends just so we can have the common area for drinks and hanging out, making snacks.

Vero is beautiful!

Vero is gorgeous and you're going to have an amazing time! DEFINITELY use the extra points to get an ocean view - you'll regret it if you don't. The two bedroom would give you more space to use than just the balcony and resort grounds if you're planning on staying in the room a majority of the time. Have a great time! :)

A two bedroom villa would probably be the best option for socializing. Studios in the cottages have queen bed and sleep sofa, but the inn rooms have two queen beds rather than a queen bed and sleep sofa so rather limiting in terms of seating.

With the exception of the three bedroom beach cottages, ocean views are hit or miss in the villas. First floor units overlook the grounds and upper floor units may overlook the grounds or the ocean depending on location within the building. All inn rooms are on floors 2 through 4 of the main building, so views for those ocean view inn rooms are of the ocean on the east (beach) side of the building, including the end units with a sideways view of the ocean. The garden view inn rooms are on the west side of the building and overlook the grounds. There are good views of the sunset from these rooms. (I assume there are good views of the sunrise from the ocean view rooms, but I’m never up that early when on vacation.)

Vero is a lovely resort with great cast members. We really enjoy adding on a stay there after our visit to WDW each January.

Here now ....as we did online check in and called for requests ( bldg 14).
Being our 25th anniversary and wanting to add something special he called and asked for the rose petal celebration or flowers . There are no room celebrations like the other resorts . No onsite florist.
We arrive to check in are given bldg 12 ....my husband explained that he called and asked for ocean view , bldg 14 and upper floor . Apparently bldg 14 is down for another 2 weeks , elevator maintenance. I understand that maintenance is needed but the DVC phone center should probably be aware of that and informed us. The Mgr here was apologetic and at least found us a room on 2nd floor . He wanted to make this short get a way special, and was convenient close to home. It takes a lot to ruffle his feathers , he was so upset he asked if I wanted to call and go to Orlando! Yikes. We ended up staying

This is a whole different property than we are used to.
Ocean wave sounds are relaxing and the dark lets all the stars shine brightly in the sky
The staff here is very friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter