vegetarian and vegan options around WDW

belle_459

Earning My Ears
can someone help me with this query? i'm vegetarian, trying to convert to vegan, and i'd like to know about the options i have around WDW for my upcoming trip.

Check out www.allearsnet.com for some vegetarian information. I am going with someone who is vegetarian this January and I bought a book about eating vegetarian at WDW...it's called Vegetarian Walt Disney World and Greater Orlando by Susan Shumaker and Than Saffel. It's pretty handy and has some great suggestions. It looks just slightly dated as it looks like some of the chefs at restaurants have changed, but other than that, it's a good starting point.

I have some good friends who are vegetarian and travel to WDW often. They say Boma has the best and largest variety of choices.

My 16 yr. old DD (vegetarian 6 years) finds many things to enjoy and even tries alot of new things each trip. (Such as grilled portobello mushroom sandwich) Follow the advice of the above post and check out the menu's at AllEars.net and you'll have a good idea of where you like to eat. It's also possible to have items changed to make them vegetarian friendly. You shouldn't have a problem.

Hi,
My whole family (3 kids and hubby) are vegetarian.
We find quite a few restaurants have at least one lacto/ovo, vegan option. We went to Chef Mickey's character breakfast last year and one of the chef's walked us around the buffet and told us what was"safe" for us to eat.
There are a good amount of veggie burgers around property for a quick bite, most places have something veggie available but you will sometimes have to ask instead of seeing it on the menu.
It is great that everyone is so accomodating. Our family is waiting for the day when they offer veggie dogs!
Good Luck
Kristin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter