Vegas with Teens - Would you splurge?

Okay, so I have theee contacts in Vegas. One who was active duty with me and is now a ROTC high school teacher in Vegas. His wife works for MGM, out of my three choices Mirage, Bellagio, and Paris his wife says Bellagio. The other two ladies I know also say out of my choice Bellagio is best. So I have my Bellagio reservations!

One article said Bellagio doesn’t like kids and will try to discourage families from staying there. The article said unless the kids are hotel guests they are not allowed on property. I am not sure how true that is, but I am not concerned because mine are not little nor are they the type to horseplay in the hallways or jump from bed to bed. I also read a Facebook review fro
A mom/daughter trip with an 11 year old. So kids are not prohibited, just seems like they want a more adult only atmosphere.

I also have reservations at the Eiffel Tower restaurant. Now I just have to book the shows.

Thanks for all the help!

Rio Buffet or Rio Seafood buffet? Latter is more expensive so I can see an surcharge.

...you'll also find Earl of Sandwich.

For a LOT of good food reasonably priced, try Hash House-a-Go-Go at the LINQ.
Hash house a go go was amazing...enough for us to eat there 4 mornings total out of 7 mornings we had. The pancakes are huge!

- Hotel is booked.
- Two shows booked. (First night and last night)
- Flights booked.
- Daughter started a countdown clock.

I am going to get a rental car on one day. Initially we were going to drive to the Hoover Dam. After looking at the price or tour buses we decided for the four of us a rental car would be the better option. The lower price tours were in the 50 dollar range and the VIP tour that stopped at the Welcome to Vegas sign was $100 range. DH coworker is recommending Red Rock Canyon. We only planned leaving the strip on one of our two free days.

If you had to choose one, would you choose HOOVER DAM or RED ROCK CANYON? Red Rock Canyon looks nice/scenic but if we don't want to hike, what else is there to do.

- Hotel is booked.
- Flights booked.

I am going to get a rental car on one day. Initially we were going to drive to the Hoover Dam. After looking at the price or tour buses we decided for the four of us a rental car would be the better option. The lower price tours were in the 50 dollar range and the VIP tour that stopped at the Welcome to Vegas sign was $100 range. DH coworker is recommending Red Rock Canyon. We only planned leaving the strip on one of our two free days.

If you had to choose one, would you choose HOOVER DAM or RED ROCK CANYON? Red Rock Canyon looks nice/scenic but if we don't want to hike, what else is there to do.
You can easily do both in a day. We just did a drive through at Red Rock with a stop at some scenic points.
I booked the Mirage for May yesterday. They have a cyber week deal going on and the price was better than what I saw a while back. I haven't reserved my car yet but I am seeing where AARP gives a second driver free through budget. I am not an AARP member but the savings is probably worth the cost of a membership.

I absolutely loved the Bellagio fountain show and my regret after every Vegas trip is not spending more time watching it. Staying at the Bellagio, you'll have plenty of easy opportunities to watch it.

Otherwise, I would sooner splurge on a Cirque show than on a hotel room. For Cirque, you can usually buy Cirque gift cards at Costco for 20% off.

I absolutely loved the Bellagio fountain show and my regret after every Vegas trip is not spending more time watching it. Staying at the Bellagio, you'll have plenty of easy opportunities to watch it.

Otherwise, I would sooner splurge on a Cirque show than on a hotel room. For Cirque, you can usually buy Cirque gift cards at Costco for 20% off.
that's a great tip, thanks!

- Hotel is booked.
- Flights booked.

I'd do Valley of Fire. It's an hour drive out of Vegas. We also are renting a car to check out VOF and Lake Mead.

- Hotel is booked.
- Flights booked.

Red Rock Canyon is beautiful. Valley of Fire is even more stunning. Both are places you go to for hiking. if you don't want to hike much, I think Valley of Fire is better because it is more dramatic. Otherwise, Hoover Dam is probably a better option for non-hikers.

You might also want to use the rental car to go to the Fremont street Experience in the evening. We used the local shuttle bus to go there but it is easier with a rental car.

I would think about renting a car, Hoover Dam and Red Rocks are only around a hour or so away. As well and the Indian Reservation side of the grand canyon which is about 3 hours.
I would just stay put at one resort, we have stayed at the Mirage and loved it...Save the cash so you can rent a car.

On a side note - Thank you for your families service, we appreciate your sacrifice and keep all armed force men, women and their families in our prayers.

Thanks for the replies. We decided on Valley of Fire followed by Hoover Dam on the same day. :)

Sweet. Valley of Fire is truly stunning. Although I have heard the Utah parks puts it to shame. Still, you're unlikely to be disappointed. What I suggest is looking up what is accessible and viewable by car /within a short walk since you say you are not hikers. Just to make sure you can see a decent amount :)

Sweet. Valley of Fire is truly stunning. Although I have heard the Utah parks puts it to shame. Still, you're unlikely to be disappointed. What I suggest is looking up what is accessible and viewable by car /within a short walk since you say you are not hikers. Just to make sure you can see a decent amount :)
I looked at the website and I got the impression you can see a lot with little walking. I think I might do a drive through since we are going from Zion to Hoover Dam via I15. It looks like Valley of Fire is along that general route so maybe worth a drive by.

I've stayed at Venetian twice and do not think it's worth it. I would not overpay for a room in Las Vegas because there are so many great hotels. It's true that you are barely in the room at all. I've also stayed at Paris, New York, NY, MGM and Rio. Nicest room by far was at the Rio.

I've stayed at Venetian twice and do not think it's worth it. I would not overpay for a room in Las Vegas because there are so many great hotels. It's true that you are barely in the room at all. I've also stayed at Paris, New York, NY, MGM and Rio. Nicest room by far was at the Rio.

We're looking to stay at NYNY with 2 adults and a child but prefer 3 separate sleeping quarters (beds). Are there any suites there?

We're looking to stay at NYNY with 2 adults and a child but prefer 3 separate sleeping quarters (beds). Are there any suites there?
I've stayed there in a standard 2 queen room. I don't know if they have suites. However I stayed at MGM in a 2 queen suite on my last trip. There were 2 beds and a couch. I think the couch might have been a pull out. There was not any separation in the room as far as sleeping areas.

We picked VOF because we intend to do a tour/roadtrip of the Utah Mighty 5 in 2019. We're flying into SLC Utah and doing Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce, Zion and ending up in LV. I looked into a tour of VOF but decided to drive to get a feel of the roads out west.

When will you be there? We are arriving Jan 12th right as the CES 2018 convention is ending.
Are you doing any buffets? We did 3 in June which was a lot for a 4 day trip. We tried Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopolitan, Bayside Buffet at Mandalay Bay and Bacchanal at Caesars. Bacchanal was by far the best, followed by Wicked Spoon. We plan to try Aria's buffet in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter