Using Uber/Lyft at Fort Wilderness, which loop?

Happycamping1

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Fort Wilderness from Oct 9 to 13, so mid week but during the Halloween season. We are going without kids this time and will be spending most of our time in the parks or eating at and exploring the resorts. Not expecting to spend a lot of time in the campground. We love loop 1500 but have a huge tent and some of those sites can get tight. Since we aren't worried about proximity to amenities within the resort, is there any advantage to working for a coveted 1500 site or would we be just as well to get a site in 2000?

We'd like a spot near a comfort station and that gets us to and from the outpost quickly and easily so we can get around by Uber or Lyft. (I understand the drivers are not permitted to come directly to your site.) We like the park transpo system but this time it's our anniversary and we want to just get to where we are going and avoid the added travel time. So does it make a difference which loop we're in? Would it make sense to drive to the Outpost and park there? Not sure if that's even allowed.

We love loop 1500 but have a huge tent and some of those sites can get tight. Since we aren't worried about proximity to amenities within the resort, is there any advantage to working for a coveted 1500 site or would we be just as well to get a site in 2000?

Since no one else responded to your post, I will give it a try. We tent camp 2 times a year at the Fort. We have a good size tent, 19X17, including the canopy. While the 2000 loop is great for large tents, the 1500 loop is equally great. If you like the 1500 loop you can call the reservation line and have them add the request for that and also to have them note the size of your tent on your ressie, that way when you check in the CM will see it and try to get you into a site that will work. But remember it is a request, and they will do what they can to fulfill it, but it is not guaranteed. You can also have them note close to CS, bus stop or what ever.

You are correct about Uber/Lyft, they can only go as far as the main parking lot with in the Fort, the Outpost. Being in 1500 or 2000, if you are going to the outpost you will be on the last stop that either bus will make before getting to the outpost. I think 2000 would be a little longer than that of 1500 because the 2000 bus will run through the cabin area before getting to the outpost but without any stops.

If you wanted to drive to the Outpost you certainly can do that also, and catch the bus to the parks that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter