Using the Quote feature

mum4jenn

<font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<
HELP!!! I am very computer challenged and I need very simple instructions on how to use the quote feature. All I know is that there is a little box at the bottom of my post that reads quote but after that I am lost. Make it very simple please!!!

Let me see if I can help. The quote feature will take some text that you specify and set it aside within the post and mark it as a quote. Like this:

The quote feature will take some text that you specify and set it aside within the post and mark it as a quote.

Here is how I did that. Take your mouse and point it right before the "T" in "The quote..." Hold down the left mouse button and drag it until you've highlighted all that you want to include in the quote and then let up of the button. (You will typically be quoting from other replies in the thread which are below the box in which you are typing your reply. You can copy from anywhere.) Once the text is highlighted, leave the mouse pointer anywhere over the highlighted text and click the right mouse button. You will get a small menu and select "Copy".

In the area, labeled on the left vB Code, above where you are typing your reply, left click on the "Quote" button. A box will open with a place to type. You could type in here what you want to quote but you've already copied it. So put your mouse pointer somewhere in the white typing area and click the right mouse again. You'll get a small menu again and select "Paste". This should copy the text that you highlighted into that box. Now click OK and you should have the text in your reply with &#91QUOTE] in from of it and &#91/QUOTE] behind it.

The other way is to type &#91QUOTE], then the text you want to appear in the quote area and then &#91/QUOTE] after it. It would look like this.

&#91QUOTE]It would look like this.&#91/QUOTE]

To give you:

It would look like this.

Hope this helps.

Here is how I did that. Take your mouse and point it right before the "T" in "The quote..." Hold down the left mouse button and drag it until you've highlighted all that you want to include in the quote and then let up of the button.

Testing!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!!! Is this pretty much how you "cut and paste" on other things as well???

You got it!!
boldpurple.gif

Yep, pretty standard procedure for "cut and paste".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter