using dining credit on child's band

tchris4

Mouseketeer
This has probably been asked/answered. My 3 year old will be with family one night while my husband and I have a date night. We're on the meal plan. Can they put his meal separately and use the dining plan credit with his band?

I don't know if this is the case anymore, but just a potential "heads up" here.......I don't know if this is a setting in MDE or just Disney policy, but I recall at some time in the past we were not able to enter our pin code using a child's band because they did not have charging privileges. It was not something I actively set up, but was either a default or permanent setting for the child. If it were me, I'd just give the other family one of my extra bands and I know there would be no issue using the pin code from the adult band. Just something to "maybe" be aware of.

In my experience they do need to have charging privileges. My DS12 can use the credits from his band, but my DS6 cannot. I am not sure if there is an age restriction on charging privileges, but we did not have my DS6's band set up that way.

It could be from magic band setup perhaps. The reason I know this is our last trip my MIL and FIL took my kids to dinner without me and DW. They were able to use my kids bands to deduct a meal, they just needed the pin code. This was last September however, so I'm not sure if any rules changed or anything. I'd ask just to be certain. I'd think charging privileges (credit card purchases like souvenirs) are possibly setup different than meal plan credits. Not certain though.

Thank you so much. It did not even occur to me to give someone my band. I'll double check at the front desk when we check in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!