• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Used points for PO-FQ, help needed

slimplaw

DIS Veteran
I used my points for 2 rooms at PO-FQ in Dec. I didn't wait-list because I needed to pin down certain dates and there was no availability at any DVC home during Dec 5-9 when I booked in Aug.

Anyway, I realize that they have been converted into reservation points which are never to be returned to DVC home points. In light of their closing POFQ, do any of you think I might have a chance of going back into a DVC home if there is availability? Any suggestions, other than planning earlier next time?

In light of the current <a href="http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115302">generous DVC policy</a> in force thru MS, you may be able to cancel the unavailable PO ressie and reuse those points however you'd like. Id sure give MS a call to see what they can do. The generosity reportedly ends on Oct 31- so call soon!

If nothing else, they will reserve at another non-DVC resort for you- as they are for those with cash ressies.

Good Luck!

I'd recommend calling CRO as well. You may have to ask for the group that is handling the FQ closing, though. My understanding is that they are calling people in the order of their stays. (Calling those with November 3 reservations first). Disney will accomodate you for the same rate in at least one of the other moderates. Perhaps you will be offered the Swan/Dolphin or one of the other deluxe hotels.

It would be great if MS can get you in one of the DVC resorts. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter