Upset About Our Feb 28 3 Day Wonder Cruise

Tigebt

Earning My Ears
We just got back from the 2/28 3 day wonder cruise, and my family and I were really looking forward to it because of all the wonderful things we read on these discussion boards but we are very disappointed with the trip from beginning of the cruise to the end, we bought a catagory 6 package we had room 6560 w/a verandah, as soon as we got into our stateroom the first thing we did was check out the verandah and the odor that was there was so horrible (a sewage smell) that we couldn't even sit out there for any length of time at all, and as soon as we would open the door the smell would come pouring into our stateroom. Our room host even commented on how bad it was and said he had never smelled anything that bad. We contacted guest services, and they tried to no avail to try and get to the source of the odor, everyone on that side also complained about the odor, while in Nassau they tried to find it but because of the winds they were unable to find it, they thought they did but the odor just never went away, needless to say we had a verandah that we were never able to use with MUCH disappointment. Then we booked the suriel spa for hubby and I and the steam part of it never came on so there was strike 2 they would only discount us 1/2 of the spa price. Castaway Cay didn't happen because of the 38-40 knot winds and 13ft swells, and they couldn't port in Freeport either because it was worse there then at Castaway Cay. We understand that Disney has no control over mother nature, but for this being our first cruise it hasn't left a very good impression for us especially the stateroom problem. The crew was fantastic and the shows were very good. Our kids 10 + 7 loved the kids programs and wanted to spend most of their time there, we never got sick but a little woosey?? from time to time. I will be writing to the cruise line for having a verandah that we paid for and couldn't use and the spa that needs to be fixed, besides not having any steam some of the showers in that room didn't work either. Then to top it all off the airline US Airways delayed our flight out of Orlando which made us miss our connecting flight home and had to fly into Boston and be bused home and we didn't get our luggage until the next day late in the afternoon. We never got to experience the DISNEY MAGIC all four of us are very disappointed.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience last week...we were on the same cruise and were equally disappointed! We also noticed the "sewage smell" while we were on deck 9 and 10, but thankfully didn't smell it while we were in our cabin. We were in #7058 with a port side verandah.

Do you think Disney would consider giving us a discount toward a future cruise to make up for this disappointing experience? Like you, I've been reading these boards for months and was so looking forward to our trip. Needless to say, I still can't believe it turned out as bad as it did. We heard that this was the 2nd time in 4 years that the ship wasn't able to dock at Castaway Cay (?). If that's the case, then our experience was certainly out of the norm, and deserves special consideration. Although, I'm not sure I could convince my husband to go again even if they did make us a special offer!!

I'm glad to hear your kids enjoyed the kids club. Our two girls (6 & 9) tolerated it while we went to Palo, the spad and the wine tasting, but didn't want to go unless we asked them to. I'm not sure that was DCL's fault...our oldest is a little shy, and the younger one follows her lead sometimes. I did think the counselors looked a little burned out though (and who can blame them when they have to commit for 6 months of constant babysitting)!

Please let me know if you hear anything from DCL about a voucher or discount, and I'll do the same.

Maybe next time it will be better??

Sorry things didn't go so well with your cruise. In your case with the sewage smell affecting the use of the balcony, I think you are indeed entitled to something from Disney. A free cruise? No. But perhaps a free upgrade to a room with a verandah from a outside room with just a porthole would be appropriate. I would be upset too, and you are justified in that.

Not being able to dock due to weather is not DCL's fault. It's Mother Nature. Would you rather have them try to dock and rip a hole in the side of the ship?

DCL can't control US Airways, you need to take any beef with them up with US directly.

Anne

WE TOOK A 4 DAY ON WONDER TWO YEARS AGO. I HAD SOME TRUBBLE ON THE SHIP CANT GO INTO IT DUE TO THE PAPERS SIGNED WITH DISNEY BUT YOU NEED TO CALL AND CALL AND CALL TELL YOU GET TO THE TOP. AND DISNEY WILL MAKE IT GOOD..AND NEVER TAKE NO AS THE ANSWER.. GOOD LUCK..

Thanks, WE have been back for over two weeks and still nothing from Disney.The TA sent them a letter also and still nothing.It would be nice if they would just let us know what is going on:confused:

Though I have a decending veiwpoint of the whole CC issue and not being able to dock .....

The sewage smell is unacceptable.

I do think you should be able to get at least a free upgrade for next time .. and I would complain and complain and complain.

wdwo

It's been three weeks and Disney has not sent a reply.This week we start to get very loud about this sewage smell and with Disney not doing anything. I know that there are other people around as on deck #6 that were complaining to. I hope they do something.:mad:

How did you contact them? I have had good results from the contact us link on the disney world website.

I am so sorry this happened! I know there is nothing that can totally make up for it, but I hope Disney will offer you an incentive to try again.

Guest Services gave us an address while we were on the ship that we could write to. I really thought we would have heard something by now, I guess it's time to get a little louder. I thought they valued their reputation more then that, but I guess not, because at this point we're not saying very nice things about them.:mad:

If anyone has a phone # to call that would be really great.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter