Upgrading from 3-day ticket to 4-day FL resident ticket -- is it possible?

4Hawks

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso
We have a 3-day ticket for DS. We're thinking about upgrading to a 4-day ticket once we're there. We have the option of buying a 4-day FL resident ticket (FL resident grandparents). The new ticket will be cheaper...will we be allowed to do this? What happens to the additional amount we already paid? Could we use it as credit to upgrade other tickets?

TIA

I'm not trying to nitpick, but what do you mean by DS? Also, I think that to buy and use a FL resident ticket, you need FL ID. I don't think the grandparents can buy adult tickets, and then you use them.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but what do you mean by DS? Also, I think that to buy and use a FL resident ticket, you need FL ID. I don't think the grandparents can buy adult tickets, and then you use them.

DS - "dear son" or "darling son", internet speak

My son is underage. His grandparents have FL IDs. It is allowed, I have checked.

Yes, it is allowed for grandparents to buy for grandchildren. When you said DS, I thought you were referring to a park. Also thought you were talking about grandparents buying tickets for a family, including adults, because I didn't get the DS reference.

So all-in-all, I completely misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Sorry.

We have a 3-day ticket for DS. We're thinking about upgrading to a 4-day ticket once we're there. We have the option of buying a 4-day FL resident ticket (FL resident grandparents). The new ticket will be cheaper...will we be allowed to do this? What happens to the additional amount we already paid? Could we use it as credit to upgrade other tickets?

You have created an interesting problem, here.

I would have the grandparents simply buy a FL Res. ticket for the child, with no attempt to use your DS' original ticket in the process.

You can save your DS' original ticket for use or upgrade (for anyone) on a future trip.

So all-in-all, I completely misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Sorry.

No worries. Thanks.

You have created an interesting problem, here.

I would have the grandparents simply buy a FL Res. ticket for the child, with no attempt to use your DS' original ticket in the process.

You can save your DS' original ticket for use or upgrade (for anyone) on a future trip.

Thanks Robo. That's an option. Do you know how long tickets are good for? We don't have another trip planned until 2019 :(

Do you know how long tickets are good for? We don't have another trip planned until 2019 :(

Never used MYW tickets minted prior to Feb. 12, 2017 will remain ready-to-use at the gate for many years.

Never used MYW tickets minted after Feb. 12, 2017 will "expire" (not usable at the gate) after Dec. 30, 2018.

However, even after a never-used MYW ticket "expires" at the end of 2018, the amount that the ticket cost
at WDW when purchased can be credited to the purchase of a new ticket after Dec. 31, 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter