Upgrading Canadian discount tickets?

That would work out to the same thing as just the difference between what you paid and the price of the AP, if I am understanding you correctly.

For example, if you paid $350 for your discounted ticket in US dollars and the AP is $600, then you would have to pay $250 to upgrade.

Going your route, if you paid $350 for your discounted ticket and the normal ticket price is $450 and the AP is $600, you would still be paying $250 to upgrade...just in two chunks.

Ok that makes sense. Thank you

The process of upgrading tickets is really pretty simple now that Disney has essentially done away with the ability to do what was referred to as "bridging". The price you paid for your tickets is simple to find out and then you will just pay the difference between that amount and the current gate price of the ticket media you want. Which in our case means we will in fact lose the discount we received from the CDN Resident Tickets because the dollar value is significantly lower than the gate price of anything else .. even adding park hoppers to your tickets is a wickedly $$ proposition.

The dollar value of any ticket media you have from WDW will remain constant even after the "expiry date" passes

so we cashed in airmiles a few years back - got 2 adult 5 day park passes (before the Canadian discounts) Will it be crazy expensive to add a day to our tickets? How do I find out how much? I have the opportunity to hold onto these passes and use a travel agent's convention discounted tickets ( an extra $700 usd) but won't if it's worth it to use the passes I already have! TIA!

so we cashed in airmiles a few years back - got 2 adult 5 day park passes (before the Canadian discounts) Will it be crazy expensive to add a day to our tickets? How do I find out how much? I have the opportunity to hold onto these passes and use a travel agent's convention discounted tickets ( an extra $700 usd) but won't if it's worth it to use the passes I already have! TIA!
I'm taking information from this thread (amazing place to get all your questions about tickets answered!)
All about tickets & upgrades

The tickets you have fall under this category:

If a multi-day MYW ticket was purchased before Feb. 12, 2017, as long as the ticket has not been used to enter any park gate, it is considered "unused" and remains valid forever with no expiration date.

SO you will get the value of the ticket at that point in time -- looks like it would have *cost* $362.10 if you got it in 2016 (i can't find a price for any year before this??)

The current price of the ticket you want (6 day single park I'm guessing from your question here)
is $431.33 so it *should* cost you around $70 USD to add a single day. To find out any other u[grade costs (if you want to add hoppers or whatever) simply go to the Disney site, find the current price of the ticket media you want and subtract the value of the ones you have ($362)

It will only cost you more the longer you hang onto those tickets because the value will never increase but the cost of tickets increases annually.

If you want confirmation that my math is correct pop over to the thread I've provided and ask -- you should get an answer within a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter