Upgrading Canadian discount tickets?

Tulles

Mouseketeer
Has anyone has any success adding days onto the Canadian discount tickets after they were activated?

We have 6 day park hoppers that i bought in 2017 with 25% off and no expiry. Now we'll be there for 8 days. I'm wondering if I can add on a day or 2 once we're there like with normal tickets?

I called and they can't do it in advance but said it could be done on site. No sure how accurate that info is though .

Yes, you can add on to them but you will completely lose your discount. You will be charged the difference of a full price ticket.

Guess I'll wait and see what the diffference will be and decide on the spot.

It's always worth asking. You may get lucky and get a CM who sprinkles a little pixie dust your way. Plan on not having the two extra days, ask and if you get a good deal bonus!

We tried to upgrade twice to a parkhopper and it was going to be the price of a normal ticket with parkhopper difference. It certainly wasn't worth it.

I have the same set of tickets that I haven’t used yet and am thinking of upgrading to an AP in September but am worried that I would lose my discount if I do.

Ugh, we're in the same boat with 6 day basic tickets, except we purchased the ones on sale this winter which expire at the end of 2018. Our trip also extended from 9 nights to 12 :D so really kicking myself in the butt right now. The exchange rate adds that little wee bit extra insult to injury. :sad:

Ugh, we're in the same boat with 6 day basic tickets, except we purchased the ones on sale this winter which expire at the end of 2018. Our trip also extended from 9 nights to 12 :D so really kicking myself in the butt right now. The exchange rate adds that little wee bit extra insult to injury. :sad:
When are you heading down?

I have the same set of tickets that I haven’t used yet and am thinking of upgrading to an AP in September but am worried that I would lose my discount if I do.

The Canadian discount did not apply to APs in 2018. Not sure about 2017. I cannot imagine that they would give you the discount to upgrade to APs.

The reports of people being able to successfully upgrade the CDN discounted tickets and actually KEEPING the discount have been few & far between. You might find out that this trip will open you to a different way of vacationing in Disney that you enjoy more than trips that are park-centric. There are a lot of things you can do that are either no-cost or very low cost that we always include in our trips. Resort hopping is a favourite of ours ... you can combine this with Disney Transportation Roulette - take whatever the next method is that comes along paying no attention to where it's going and when you get there go to whichever resort has the closest bus/boat/monorail. Poke around in the gift shops and see what they offer since they all have a little flair that matches the resort. Have a progressive meal and eat or drink something that is specific to that resort. Check out what the resorts offer that you could participate in even if you're not staying there -- AKL has some great activities for kids & AoA has drawing classes. Take a trip to Disney Springs and go into all the stores you normally bypass. Play a round of mini-golf (i think i read there is now some kind of soccer golf on one of the golf courses?!?!)

OR depending on when you are there you could look into going to one of the parties or after-hours events that require an extra hard ticket -- those allow you to get into the park around 4 (time might be different now, check the park boards) and the price will be LESS than the cost of upgrading your tickets!

The Canadian discount did not apply to APs in 2018. Not sure about 2017. I cannot imagine that they would give you the discount to upgrade to APs.

I wasn’t so much looking to see if it would apply to AP but I was wondering if they change the price of the tickets themselves to regular price and add that cost onto the price of the AP, so it’s not just difference between the 2 anymore.

I wasn’t so much looking to see if it would apply to AP but I was wondering if they change the price of the tickets themselves to regular price and add that cost onto the price of the AP, so it’s not just difference between the 2 anymore.

No, they don't change the price of the tickets themselves. You pay the difference from what you paid for the tickets and the cost of the AP.

No, they don't change the price of the tickets themselves. You pay the difference from what you paid for the tickets and the cost of the AP.

Ok thank you. I just wasn’t sure as I’ve read some people had to pay the difference of the discount ticket to the regular price ticket and then the difference of the ticket to the AP, I hope that made sense it’s early, lol.

Ok thank you. I just wasn’t sure as I’ve read some people had to pay the difference of the discount ticket to the regular price ticket and then the difference of the ticket to the AP, I hope that made sense it’s early, lol.

That would work out to the same thing as just the difference between what you paid and the price of the AP, if I am understanding you correctly.

For example, if you paid $350 for your discounted ticket in US dollars and the AP is $600, then you would have to pay $250 to upgrade.

Going your route, if you paid $350 for your discounted ticket and the normal ticket price is $450 and the AP is $600, you would still be paying $250 to upgrade...just in two chunks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter