UPDATED. WE ARE BACK. I hope we can still be friends-A short girls trip

happily single

Left foot first!
Hi everyone. I'm back with yet another Trip Report. I hope to actually complete this one.
I am a semi-single mom to three grown adults (18,24 and 25). I own a busy massage practice outside of Boston and work part-time as a litigation paralegal because Imposter Syndrome is real and owning a business is not for the faint of heart. In my free time I'm on the Disboards, planning a trip, or claiming that I am not returning anytime soon.

This trip was planned as a solo celebration for my passing the MBLEX (Massage Bodyworks Licensing Exam). I have been a licensed therapist for about 10 years, but the state I practice in doesn't require you to pass the MBLEX. I live in a state that does require it, and I want to move my business closer to home. I've dreaded this test for about 10 years so passing was a big deal. I had a minor surgery in March which kept me out of work for 4 weeks. I was planning on doing this trip then, but I forgot about April vacations and I didn't want the crowds or prices. Can I add that I had a psychic reading in December who told me I would be having a big celebration in May, which I assumed would be my opening a second location. Turns out there were two "big celebrations" one of which was this trip.

Southwest had a pretty sweet sale about 5 weeks ago and I was able to get round-trip flights from Providence for under $200. Then I was able to find Port Orleans for $555 for two nights. So it was done! Driving home from work a friend from high school called me and I told her my plans. Now, don't get me wrong, I love JP and have known her for over 30 years, but man are we different. She is a neurotic, nervous mess. I'm more of go with the flow, nothing bothers me. Many many years ago she worked for me as a helper for my special needs son. I came home from work to find she re-arranged my kitchen applicances! She's a nut. But I love her. She suggested she come along. Since she isn't impulsive at all, I thought the chances of her actually coming along were slim to none so I said "Sure, why not". While I was on the phone with her she booked her flight. Yelp. Looks like the solo trip is now a girl's trip. While I've known JP for over 30 years and we've done day trips together we've never spent any extended amount of time together.

Who: Me and JP
When: May 28th thru May 30th
Where: Port Orleans

The Plan:
Sunday: day drinking. She excitedly told me that she has packed coffee cups with lids so we can drink wine by the pool. Trader Sams and a monorail ride
Monday: Magic Kingdom
Tuesday: Disney Spring, explore hotels, hand at resort and return home.

I'm off to finish packing. We leave in less than 12 hours!!!

I can't believe the trip is over. Spoiler Alert: We are still friends and she is trying to plan a handful more trips for us!

Sunday: I live 8 minutes from the airport. TF Green is a very small airport, so even if you park in the Red Beam Garage it is only a 5 minute walk to the terminal. Our flight was leaving at 6:55am via Southwest. I thought that a 5:15am arrival at the airport was reasaonble. JP suggested 5am and I agreed. I asked her to call me when she was 5 minutes from my house so I could put my luggage in the trunk and make room in the driveway for her. At 4:15am She called to say she was 5 minutes away, so I went to the front door with my luggage. As soon as I opened the door she was in my face. I screamed. She screamed. We hugged. And we got to loading the car. Now we had a call earlier in the week where we discussed what we were bringing. She said "all my clothes will fit in my lunch tote for work". I tend to overpack and went back and forth between the large suitcase and the medium suitcase. Ultimately I ended up with my medium suitcase; a small backpack and my black carry-one which looks like a purse. I assumed JP would have her lunch tote and a small carry on. She showed up with a suitcase and THREE bags! The trip to the airport and parking was uneventful. She got held up in security. In going through her bag they found a pair of 3 pound ankle weights! She forgot they were in her bag, so she had to carry around 6 pounds of weights, and rosary beads. She isn't religous! We got in line for Dunkin and were waiting at the gate my 5:31am. The flight left on time and landed about 20 minutes early. Woo Hoo. There were probably 20 empty seats on the plane.

We took the fake-o-rail from Terminal B to Terminal A to grab our bags, which came relatively quickly. We then had to head back to Terminal B for SUnshine Flyer. The line for check-in was quick, then we waited. We waited probably 20 minutes with a group of others waiting for our shuttle. We were the second stop.

Coming next: Hotel check-in and our first drink(s)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter