Updated Reservations

hosler427

Mouseketeer
So I am an overplanner. I admit it but I really enjoy the process of planning a vacation. Researching, reading, and coming up with a gameplan is fun to me. I had posted my reservations before and got some good tips that I took to heart. This is my updated reservations and plans. Thoughts?

Basic info - This trip is my wife and I only. No dining plan and no park hopper passes. Because of this, planning is essential. We are both adventurous eaters and want to be able to try as much as possible. We are staying at Kidani Village and unless I list a breakfast, we will be eating in our room.

Day 1
Arrival
Lunch - snacks on the run
Dinner - Sanaa

Day 2
EPCOT
Lunch - World Showcase snacks
Dinner - Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'

Day 3
Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Be Our Guest
Dinner - snacks
I am also surprising my wife with a Happily Ever After Dessert Party that night

Day 4
Animal Kingdom
Lunch - Harambe Market (with dessert at Tamu Tamu)
Dinner - Nomad Lounge
We also have the Caring for Giants tour on this day

Day 5
Disney Springs/relaxing
This day we will be eating and drinking around Disney Springs while doing a little shopping as well
Lunch - Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, Morimoto Street Food, Coca Cola Roof Top Bar, etc (we have quite a few places we want to sample things at)
Dinner - Raglan Road

Day 6
EPCOT for the afternoon
Brunch - California Grill
Dinner - World Showcase snacks
We are returning to California Grill to watch Happily Ever After

Day 7
Hollywood Studios
Lunch - 50's Prime Time
Dinner - Sci Fi Dine-In Theatre
Typically I wouldn't do two reservations in one day (unless it was breakfast and dinner) but this is the only day we are going to HS. We have 8 hours between these reservations.

Day 8
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare
Lunch - snack
Dinner - Snacking around the Polynesian (Captain Cooks, Kona Island, Tambu Lounge)

Day 9
Animal Kingdom
Breakfast - Boma
Lunch - split meal at Satu'li Canteen
Dinner - Frontera Cocina

Day 10
Magic Kingdom
Lunch - Columbia Harbor House
Dinner - Maji Pool Bar or In Room Dining at Kidani Village...possibly a 2nd Sanaa trip?

Day 11
EPCOT
Lunch - World Showcase
Dinner - World Showcase
Then we go to Magic Kingdom for Disney's After Hours event

Day 12
departure

I will also say we have tried a number of restaurants in the past including Biergarten, 'Ohana, The Wave, Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Hoop Dee Doo, Le Cellier, Cinderella's Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, Boatwrights, Olivias, Kona Cafe, etc. We wanted to hit a couple old favorites and try mostly new places this trip.

I'd recommend The Mara. It's the quick service in the main building at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I ate lunch there when I was staying at Kidani and I really enjoyed the food.

I'd recommend The Mara. It's the quick service in the main building at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I ate lunch there when I was staying at Kidani and I really enjoyed the food.

We actually have this as a running backup. If we decide to head back to the hotel early on night's without reservations, we have this as an option for sure! I have heard a lot of good things about this place so we may have to push it up the list!

We actually have this as a running backup. If we decide to head back to the hotel early on night's without reservations, we have this as an option for sure! I have heard a lot of good things about this place so we may have to push it up the list!
I have a review of it in my dining report that is in progress in my signature. I have a few pictures. It's definitely a place I'd go back to.

Sanaa is worth a second trip IMO. I ended up going twice in one day (I was tired and didn't feel like busing to the other half of the resort or to DTD) and it was great both times (though I preferred my dinner entree to my lunch one).

Everything else looks great! If you do stop by the Mara, definitely pick up some zebra domes, they're one of my favorite desserts. They're only available there and Boma at dinner (as far as I remember lol).

Sanaa is worth a second trip IMO. I ended up going twice in one day (I was tired and didn't feel like busing to the other half of the resort or to DTD) and it was great both times (though I preferred my dinner entree to my lunch one).

Everything else looks great! If you do stop by the Mara, definitely pick up some zebra domes, they're one of my favorite desserts. They're only available there and Boma at dinner (as far as I remember lol).

We have been to Boma before and LOVE zebra domes. From what I have seen they also sell these in Johari Treasures (the store at Kidani Village)...if they don't though I will be stocking up at Mara for sure! I believe that is the whole reason they put the mini fridge in the rooms....stockpiling zebra domes.

On either of your Epcot days try Spice Road Table, it's a mix of small & large plates & being on the water is a bonus. DH & I tried it on our trip in April & were really surprised by how much we loved it. It's def a must do on our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter