Update on possibilites of Transformers

It would be nice if there are some unique elements in the Orlando ride to set it apart.

That's true. Shrek is the same in movie world in Gold Coast Australia, universal studios Singapore and universal studios Orlando. Done all and each time I take them at diff places I hope for something diff. But sigh....all the same. Hopefully transformer will be diff.

But then again, rides are very expensive to design, and it is not surprising that once they have a winner, they want to replicate them. It happens at Disney too. Same space mountain, buzz, it's a small world etc everywhere.

So far I find that only universal studios Singapore has a larger no of unique rides as there is a far far away land and Madagascar land that other US do not have, and initially of course transformer. Let's see how long before all are replicated again.

I think that's what everyone is hoping for. :thumbsup2

Yes, but if all the rumors are true with respect to the timeline on getting it up and running (and that, of course, assumes that the rumor that it is Transformers is even true, ha), I wouldn't expect anything different.

Not that it would bother me, there isn't a ton of difference in the technical aspects of Despicable Me and The Simpsons, but I really laughed my head off on the former and only did the latter once. I have issues with simulators but I rode Minions multiple times during our last trip and just took off the glasses.

My point is, even if the track layout and everything else is virtually identical, I think it would be a good addition to the Studios.

That's true. Shrek is the same in movie world in Gold Coast Australia, universal studios Singapore and universal studios Orlando. Done all and each time I take them at diff places I hope for something diff. But sigh....all the same. Hopefully transformer will be diff.

But then again, rides are very expensive to design, and it is not surprising that once they have a winner, they want to replicate them. It happens at Disney too. Same space mountain, buzz, it's a small world etc everywhere.

So far I find that only universal studios Singapore has a larger no of unique rides as there is a far far away land and Madagascar land that other US do not have, and initially of course transformer. Let's see how long before all are replicated again.

I think when you look at Shrek vs something like Spiderman or Transformers, the main difference is that Shrek 4D is a movie/attraction that was made to fit inbetween the first Shrek movie and second. Theres really not a lot of leeway there to change much of anything.
Transformers on the other hand,spiderman, or even Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, is an offshoot where they can take different elements from 1 or more movies, and go in different directions with it. Theoretically you could make several different versions for different locations.
But the big thing is cost. I dont know specifics, but Ive heard that there are scenes in certain CG movies, just 1 scene, thats a few seconds long if that, cost close to a million dollars. Multiply that by 3(for argument sake,3 parks) and your already talking 3 million dollars for a couple of seconds for a scene. Point is, I think that cost of changing the actual scene is the deciding factor, as opossed to the physical characteristics of a given ride. Like someone pointed out. The hydraulics and the ride vechicles are identical (see DMMM or Simpsons at USF.Its most likely the same cars and tech since the park openend), and the computer can be reprogrammed at any given time, for the ride to match the screen but the real cost is the ride is the CG animation that goes with it. Its cheaper for someone to bring a disc or discs, from 1 ride to another, drop the program in, and let it go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter