Up-Inspired

kristilew

DIS Veteran
We missed UP in the theater and just downloaded it to watch for our little family movie/post Thanksgiving night. I cried my eyes out! And then we sat around listing all the adventures we still want to have. I think Disney missed a real opportunity...they should have an ABD ad run at the end of the movie.

While we had the ipod hooked up to the tv, we ran through a bunch of our pictures from Southwest Splendors and remembered the good times from this summer. I'd say it's pretty likely ABD will be getting our vacay dollars after all in 2010!

So Happy Thanksgiving, all my fellow adventurers... and here's to everything we're "going to do!"

That sounds so wonderful, kristilew! I actually just unwrapped Up, and am getting ready to watch it! Looking forward to it.

So what Adventure are you guys leaning towards for 2010?

And Happy Thanksgiving to you! I am so thankful to be able to travel and enjoy trips like these!

Sayhello

We missed UP in the theater and just downloaded it to watch for our little family movie/post Thanksgiving night. I cried my eyes out! And then we sat around listing all the adventures we still want to have. I think Disney missed a real opportunity...they should have an ABD ad run at the end of the movie.

While we had the ipod hooked up to the tv, we ran through a bunch of our pictures from Southwest Splendors and remembered the good times from this summer. I'd say it's pretty likely ABD will be getting our vacay dollars after all in 2010!

So Happy Thanksgiving, all my fellow adventurers... and here's to everything we're "going to do!"

We saw it at Downtown Disney back in March and I was crying so hard at one point my husband thought I was hyperventilating! Such a wonderful movie!

But your right what a great opp for ABD to run a promo!

I echo you as well! Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow adventurer's!

Add our family to the list of those who REALLY enjoyed "Up". Every time anyone in our family gets distracted we always yell "squirrel!".:rotfl:

Love, love, love that movie.

We are always ready for an adventure.

OMG!!!! I just finished watching "Up"!!!!! What an amazing, fabulous, wonderful film! I haven't enjoyed a film that much in EONS! Made me laugh, cry and smile! Wonderful, wonderful.

Everyone should see it!

And yes, it stirs the ABDer in me...

Sayhello

SayHello, I'm glad you liked it. It made me a blubbering mess. Today I was sweeping up the Christmas tree needles and started thinking about the sweeping scene and started crying. So pitiful. :sad2:

We can't decide where we want to go next. We'd love to do one of the biggies - Galapagos, South Africa. But of course, we'd like to pay for DD to go to college one of these days, too :rotfl: We're going to bide our time and see how the year goes.

SayHello, I'm glad you liked it. It made me a blubbering mess. Today I was sweeping up the Christmas tree needles and started thinking about the sweeping scene and started crying. So pitiful. :sad2:

We can't decide where we want to go next. We'd love to do one of the biggies - Galapagos, South Africa. But of course, we'd like to pay for DD to go to college one of these days, too :rotfl: We're going to bide our time and see how the year goes.

.......ok....I just saw "RATATOUILLE" last week and tonight I am watching "PARENT TRAP".............

ok.....deal!:goodvibes

Next on my list is "UP":)

Good for you!! Live your life.
I also loved this movie!!
Bought it for my family for Christmas

I was glad I saw "Up" at home rather than at a theatre, because I was a blubbering mess, too! In the comfort of my TV room, I could cry away! The whole first part, with Carl & Ellie, just tore my heart! In a good way.

I'll be really interested to see which trip you end up doing, kristilew!

Sayhello

I'm also interested in which trip you pick. We, too, are trying to wait a little while to make plans for next summer - unlike last year, where we booked the SWS trip immediately after Viva Italia. There's enough uncertainly in my house about the economy, other costs that are coming up for us, and some disappointment in the trips so far planned by Disney for next summer (why did they take away France and Spain? Why?) that I am content to wait a little bit more.

In fact, this may be a record for me - the past 3 years I have had either a cruise or ABD trip for the summer planned by this time of year. Oh well.

I'm also interested in which trip you pick. We, too, are trying to wait a little while to make plans for next summer - unlike last year, where we booked the SWS trip immediately after Viva Italia. There's enough uncertainly in my house about the economy, other costs that are coming up for us, and some disappointment in the trips so far planned by Disney for next summer (why did they take away France and Spain? Why?) that I am content to wait a little bit more.

In fact, this may be a record for me - the past 3 years I have had either a cruise or ABD trip for the summer planned by this time of year. Oh well.

Me too. I booked the week the trips were announced last year. I almost had my mind made up to book a trip today since this was the last day of the past guest discount, but I decided to wait. Going to keep my eye out for offers on trips and airfare. I can be fairly flexible on dates, so a good airfare offer could make up for no discount on the price of the trip. I'm still planning to take a trip next summer with ABD or a similar trip with another company.

I cannot remember which one you guys told me bit THANK YOU! Your tip for the Med cruise got us the following!

11 night Med cruise for 2 Adults w/ins and transfers Cat for $2600. Yes thats for 2 of us! I don't mind the cat 12 b/c it's so port intensive we will only be there to sleep!

Its the May 15th cruise and my TA is working on getting us on that cruise! Unless we come into an unexpected funds ABD will have to wait till 2011!

even if after getting air and booking port adventures and tipping staff we will be at about 5k! Thats 11 days visiting Tunis and Malta as well! I am stoked about this!

I cannot remember which one you guys told me bit THANK YOU! Your tip for the Med cruise got us the following!

11 night Med cruise for 2 Adults w/ins and transfers Cat for $2600. Yes thats for 2 of us! I don't mind the cat 12 b/c it's so port intensive we will only be there to sleep!

Its the May 15th cruise and my TA is working on getting us on that cruise! Unless we come into an unexpected funds ABD will have to wait till 2011!

even if after getting air and booking port adventures and tipping staff we will be at about 5k! Thats 11 days visiting Tunis and Malta as well! I am stoked about this!
Mazel Tov! That sounds like a FABULOUS vacation! I'm sure you're going to enjoy the heck out of it!

Sayhello

That's great! I'm with you on the Cat 12. You'll mostly be using your room for sleeping anyway. I would rather have the money to spend on the shore excursions. I booked Cat 12 for our 3-day cruise this Christmas, since we have so little time, I don't plan to spend much of it in the room. We were upgraded to Cat 9, and that was a nice little surprise.

HappyGrumpy, what a fantastic trip at an amazing price! Unheard of! You are going to have the time of your life - and all the while, having that gleeful little feeling of "what a great deal!" I'd take that deal over an ABD easily - wish they offered it for August (although at the moment the August cruises are completely gone, right? weird).

HappyGrumpy, what a fantastic trip at an amazing price! Unheard of! You are going to have the time of your life - and all the while, having that gleeful little feeling of "what a great deal!" I'd take that deal over an ABD easily - wish they offered it for August (although at the moment the August cruises are completely gone, right? weird).

Bookings for the August 2011 Med cruises are suspended. You can still book August 2010. Unfortunately, they aren't $999 per person like the great deal HappyGrumpy got. :sad1:

.......in approximately 8 hours........I have a "SERIOUS" date with a ham sandwich, 2 small bags of chips (oh and a diet coke) while I get to FINALLY watch "UP.":goodvibes

Looking forward to it & again, thanks for the nice suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter