UO airmiles question

Juventus

DIS Veteran
With regards to upgrading/bridging airmiles UO tickets (say 5 day tickets) to an annual pass;

1) is this possible and if so would I get current value of the tickets or what they would have cost at time of purchase.

2) can I do this even before I use the original tickets (e.g., upgrade before first day use).

With regards to upgrading/bridging airmiles UO tickets (say 5 day tickets) to an annual pass;

1) is this possible and if so would I get current value of the tickets or what they would have cost at time of purchase.

2) can I do this even before I use the original tickets (e.g., upgrade before first day use).
I have done this several times. As to point 1, I'm really not sure what they valued the ticket at. My ticket wasn't that old when I changed it to an AP. I can tell you, I was pleasantly surprised at how little it cost to switch it over.

For point 2, I did it right at the hotel before we hit the parks. It was very easy to do and well worth it for us. You can't do it until you get to Universal though. We booked an AP hotel rate before I had the AP, you don't need to provide proof to do that. It saved us on meals in the parks, at the hotel and at City Walk. It gave us a discount on purchases as well. It more than paid for itself with just the discount for the hotel. When covid hit I called their 800 number and they paused my AP until I visit again, which was a bonus. Not sure when we will be back but I will have 6 months left of my AP to use.

Thanks!

I have enough airmiles for 3 annual passes (need 5 total), but the quote through personal shopper looks like 10 cents a point at best. I would then have to buy 2 APs out of pocket.

I am wondering if it is better just to buy 5 2 park 5 day passes from the website where it looks like a value of about 11 cents a point, then upgrading.

Do personal shopper quotes change with a changin value in the Canadian Dollar?

Thanks!

I have enough airmiles for 3 annual passes (need 5 total), but the quote through personal shopper looks like 10 cents a point at best. I would then have to buy 2 APs out of pocket.

I am wondering if it is better just to buy 5 2 park 5 day passes from the website where it looks like a value of about 11 cents a point, then upgrading.

Do personal shopper quotes change with a changin value in the Canadian Dollar?
They charge what it essentially a service charge on top of the exchange rate. Several people have redeemed miles for whatever ticket they can get and then simply upgrade them on-site. Works out to be cheaper in the long run.

So just to confirm, could I get a 3 park 5 day pass from airmiles, and upgrade to a 2 park premier AP? I thought I read that as long as I don't visit the water park it should work (I will probably upgrade before entering any park though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter