Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

At a garage sale years ago my husband found me a Haunted Mansion house - it lights up and is very cool. It only cost me $15, I think
Sounds awesome! And I also found some wonderful treasures over the years, when I used to "garage saling" on a Saturday morning. :) Miss those days.

I have some very sad news. My Disneyland trip had to be cancelled. :sad: We just aren't going to have the old house on the market in enough time. we are still cleaning it out and then the a/c went out. It is just one of those things. So now I am playing with an idea. If I can get most of the airfare saved by December, maybe I should just do a Disney World trip. We have never been, and the boys will be the perfect age. I haven't run the idea by DH yet ...:rolleyes1...so we shall see. :wizard:

I have some very sad news. My Disneyland trip had to be cancelled. :sad: We just aren't going to have the old house on the market in enough time. we are still cleaning it out and then the a/c went out. It is just one of those things. So now I am playing with an idea. If I can get most of the airfare saved by December, maybe I should just do a Disney World trip. We have never been, and the boys will be the perfect age. I haven't run the idea by DH yet ...:rolleyes1...so we shall see. :wizard:
Sorry about the DL trip, happy about the possible WDW one, and glad you've got the new home to start enjoying, no matter what. :)

Sorry about the DL trip, happy about the possible WDW one, and glad you've got the new home to start enjoying, no matter what. :)
Thank you. We LOVE our new home. So much more space and we now own property. This is the first time I have lived on anything larger than 1/4 acre. The boys are always wanting to go out and play now!!!!

That's a bummer, but I hope the Walt Disney World trip comes through!

Sad :( But yay for a new house and possible WDW trip!

S. -----So sorry for the trip delay/change plans. (getting rusty at quoting plus lack of straight sleeping...getting up every 2-3 hours for the past week).

We hope to get more serious in cleaning out our house soon---most likely keeping maybe goal of 1/3 to 1/2 of our stuff since its mostly old/well used items. We are close to figuring which city area/state will be next. The puppy is adjusting to our yard...she seems to want to walk all around the just under 3/4 acre every couple of hours...sometimes less---not fun at 2 am. We are thinking it as training for future Disney trips. The puppy has her first vet visit with us Saturday (hoping to get a harness while in the store area). She has been to several vets before with her foster mom and also her first adoptive family.

S. -----So sorry for the trip delay/change plans. (getting rusty at quoting plus lack of straight sleeping...getting up every 2-3 hours for the past week).

We hope to get more serious in cleaning out our house soon---most likely keeping maybe goal of 1/3 to 1/2 of our stuff since its mostly old/well used items. We are close to figuring which city area/state will be next. The puppy is adjusting to our yard...she seems to want to walk all around the just under 3/4 acre every couple of hours...sometimes less---not fun at 2 am. We are thinking it as training for future Disney trips. The puppy has her first vet visit with us Saturday (hoping to get a harness while in the store area). She has been to several vets before with her foster mom and also her first adoptive family.
Now that shows you're a true animal lover, and loving fur mommy. Hope she "settles down" soon. Funny how at both ends of the age spectrum, the "bathroom needs" are always at the max! :)

We have an offer on the house. The house was in DH's name, so he is dealing with all of it. Not sure if we are officially under contract or not. Inspection is tomorrow. DH is getting the last bit out of the garage and trimming the weeds. Plotting a Christmas trip to Disneyland. As much as I would love to do Disney World, I don't think DH is ok with flying with our boys just yet. First trip for there is still tentatively planned for 2021.

We have an offer on the house. The house was in DH's name, so he is dealing with all of it. Not sure if we are officially under contract or not. Inspection is tomorrow. DH is getting the last bit out of the garage and trimming the weeds. Plotting a Christmas trip to Disneyland. As much as I would love to do Disney World, I don't think DH is ok with flying with our boys just yet. First trip for there is still tentatively planned for 2021.
All sounds busy, but hopeful!! :) And by 2021, a lot of stuff should be open. I"m hoping to be able to make it back by that time.

59569.jpg

Just popping by...the puppy has us busy. She had a week of gi issues which hopefully resolved (not parasitic...could had been stress and side effect of vaccinations).

We are hoping to get the house on market soon. The house across from us was not on the market for a day or 2 before being under contract.

No weekend plans except to declutter, yard work, and the usual since dh has to work. He has been doing a lot of interviews lately so cross your fingers.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I have been trying to spend more time in the real world instead of the virtual world. Not sure I am liking it. DS #3 turned 4 today. He agreed to a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party, with a Thomas Birthday cake. :lmao:So here is the birthday boy!!!!! 20170502_110356.jpg

So nothing set in stone, but I am this close to having a ticker!!!!! :cool1: Life has been crazy here. So what do you do when life is to hard emotionally??? You plan a trip to Disneyland!!!!!! If all goes well, we will be leaving on my birthday next year!!!! And I invited my best friend and her family, and my parents! Hubby is pretty supportive! :jumping1:

So nothing set in stone, but I am this close to having a ticker!!!!! :cool1: Life has been crazy here. So what do you do when life is to hard emotionally??? You plan a trip to Disneyland!!!!!! If all goes well, we will be leaving on my birthday next year!!!! And I invited my best friend and her family, and my parents! Hubby is pretty supportive! :jumping1:
Hope it all works out for you!!!

@safetymom - I know what a big coffee fan you are, and coconut coffee specifically. I always look forward to your Sunday FB "what's in your cup?" posts, and all the delightful answers. :) (By the way - I'm the one that always says "Chock Full 'o Crack - what I call my beloved Chock Full 'o Nuts Upper West Side, which is same as ground French Roast, in Keurig Pod form) with powdered hazelnut creamer". :)

Anyway - I am just trying Trader Sam's Coffee, the Sampler Pack, which I just came out with. The Enchanted Tiki Coconut is delicious, and I thought of you immediately. :) Not gaggingly sweet, nice and smooth - a little light in roast for my taste (my Chock is BOLD!), and you have to use a "pod cheater" because they don't make K-cups, but thought I'd mention it to you (and others) who might enjoy trying it, and the others in the sampler pack. I tried the Matterhorn Fudge Brownie yesterday, and it was also delicious. And of course, I LOVE the Disney tie-ins! :)

you have to use a "pod cheater"
LOL. My wife uses the "fill your own" device because she hates spending so much money on pods. Even the store brand at 30 cents each still costs a lot more than buying ground coffee (or grinding your own). So she uses the "pod cheater" all the time.

LOL. My wife uses the "fill your own" device because she hates spending so much money on pods. Even the store brand at 30 cents each still costs a lot more than buying ground coffee (or grinding your own). So she uses the "pod cheater" all the time.
True, Steve. I'm just lazy, and hate the mess. :o But you certainly are right. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!