Universal vacation

vfb2girls

DIS Veteran
I am looking for opinions on hotels that are with in walking distance to Universal and on the cheaper side. We are not renting a car so we will have to depend on our feet and shuttle service. We do not want to stay on site, if we find a reasonable hotel then we can extend our vacation by a couple of days. I have plenty of time to plan this trip but it always help to have this info ready. We do not need a suite, just something that is clean, and a free breakfast would be a plus. Thanks for all the great help, I was able to plan a great trip to WDW with everyone's help on the DIS boards. Thanks again

What time of the year will you be going? If you are going during a peak time I would recommend staying onsite even if it means a shorter trip. We are staying at the Universal Holiday Inn next week for 1 night after we check out of Hard Rock Hotel (we got a good rate on a 2 room suite with the Ent Rate, but breakfast is not included). I've heard good things about Sleep Inn and I think that breakfast is included.

T&B

Do you have a certain amount in mind per night that would fit your budget? How many people would be in your party?

There will only be myself and husband, we are not going until next March. But Easter falls in March next year so we would be going in the first week of March. I really don't want to spend more then $80.00 a night, that is with tax. The main think it needs to be close enough to Universal so that we can walk. We are buying Orlando Flex tickets since we want to see Seaworld and Busch Gardens. If we can get a good rate then we can stay at least 10 nights instead of only 6. Thanks for any help. Also what hotels can the entertainment rate be used at?

IM NOT SURE ABOUT EASTER BEING THE 1ST WEEK IN MARCH NEXT YEAR, I KNOW PASSOVER IS AT THE END OF MARCH BUT I DON;T THINK EASTER IS IN MARCH I THINK IN APRIL. I HAVE THE 2005 SCHOOL CALENDAR, BUT MAYBE NEAR YOU YOUR VACATIONS TIME ARE DIFFERENT. I WOULD CHECK THAT OUT! I HOPE THIS WAS A HELP

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Major Blvd. for a night before checking into the HRH and I was pleased with the hotel. The breakfast looked nice, though we did not stay since we were going to a charcter breakfast that morning. There is no other dining available other than the breakfast. There is a fast food place next door. We did not have a hairdryer in our room. I don't think the pool was all that remarkable, though it was too cold to swim anyway. We would stay again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter