Universal Ticket ?s

Shelly S

Mouseketeer
I am really undecided as to what ticket I want to purchase. We plan to go to USH on Friday Sept 20th and we are two adults, no kids. Does anyone know how crowded the park usually is on a Friday in Sept? If it is normally busy, I would order the FOTL pass on line.

Also has anyone done the VIP ticket for $199. It includes parking, food, and the behind the scenes tour to closed sets, all attractions, FOTL, and tram tour. It sounds interesting, but the park hours are only 10-6 and the tour lasts a few hours. If anyone has done this, what time does the tour usually start? Is it before park opening? Also is it worth it for what you see and do you have enough time to do all the regular attractions.

Thanks to anyone who has some answers. I am trying to gather as much info as possible before ordering our tickets

September at USH is deadly slow. If you get there at 10 you'll see everything by 3PM. The nearly private behind the scenes tour is really nice - you actually see a lot - so if that's something that interests you, go for it.

Still, you're spending nearly $140 above the ticket price. If you eat lunch and dinner you're looking at $40 max, so that $100 for the tour and FOTL. On a Friday in Sept you won't need FOTL but it can't hurt. During the last four hours the park is open Terminator only runs every half hour but none of the three major attractions (the tour, Mummy and Jurassic Park) have lines longer than 8 minutes.

I hope I didn't make a mistake. I purchased the FOTL passes. I didn't want to take any chances incase it is crowded when I go the on the 23rd of Sepr. which is a Sunday. I did the FOTL passes in Orlando US and I thought it was well worth it.:cool1:

I hope I didn't make a mistake. I purchased the FOTL passes. I didn't want to take any chances incase it is crowded when I go the on the 23rd of Sepr. which is a Sunday. I did the FOTL passes in Orlando US and I thought it was well worth it.:cool1:

We purchased FOTL tickets for our trip in November but our vacation starts over Veteran's Day Weekend. Last year, DL closed it's gates to new admissions...that's how crowded it was. So we decided that we're going to go to Universal on that first Sunday with FOTL tickets...not only because it's a holiday, but if we go on Sunday, we won't have to fight the commute traffic between Anaheim and Hollywood either. :idea:

Shelly,

Let me just tell you that my son (12) and I did the VIP Tour last year and it was fantastic. We had the best time ever. They really treat you like royalty from the moment you check into the private building to meet your tour guide & the rest of the people in your small group. You get bumped up to the front of all rides. You get VIP seating at every show. You even get to eat for free at designated food places in the park. If you need a break, you can always use the indoor (and air conditioned) VIP lounge as well.

Overall it was such a great time. The fact that we actually were able to walk into a working sound stage & prop department were just icing on the cake for us. My 12 year old was pretty fascinated with being on a working set like that.

Hope this helps & have a great time!

Shelly,

Let me just tell you that my son (12) and I did the VIP Tour last year and it was fantastic. We had the best time ever. They really treat you like royalty from the moment you check into the private building to meet your tour guide & the rest of the people in your small group. You get bumped up to the front of all rides. You get VIP seating at every show. You even get to eat for free at designated food places in the park. If you need a break, you can always use the indoor (and air conditioned) VIP lounge as well.

Overall it was such a great time. The fact that we actually were able to walk into a working sound stage & prop department were just icing on the cake for us. My 12 year old was pretty fascinated with being on a working set like that.

Hope this helps & have a great time!

Thank you. It sounds like a great time. Did you feel you had enough time to see all of the park along with the tour. The park hours are only from 10-6 the day we are planning to go.

Shelly,

You'll have more than enough time even if the park closes at 6.

By that time we had seen/rode everything & were sitting down eating at City Walk by 6:30.

The VIP guide will take you to all the rides & the better shows before he lets you guys go on your own. So you don't have to worry about missing any of the best stuff there.

Let us know how it goes. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter