Universal in Feb???

The lowest crowds I’ve seen were when I went in February of 2017. Walk ons for almost everything the days I was there.

It was like a curse. I took a friend who refused to ride pretty much everything. I wanted to cry. I’d never seen the parks so empty, and I couldn’t even take advantage of it! I went back a couple of weeks later in March and the place was a mad house.

Not sure how this past February was.

This past Feb was surprisingly busy the week before President's day. It was better on President's day itself. The weather was also BEAUTIFUL that whole time. I strongly recommend Volcano Bay on a nice Feb day as it is gorgeous plus no crowds...

2017 I did uo first week of February and it was great for low crowds

Even opening weekend for Mardi Gras was not bad during the day in the parks

We were there this past February 8-12. I thought it was great and we didn't have the express passes. We got to ride everything and I think our longest wait was Forbidden Journey mid afternoon 1-2 hour wait (we first rode it at early entry with a 20 minute wait). We are not Harry Potter fans, so just did the rides and had a quick walk through, took Hogwarts Express then was done with it.

Anyone remember what early February park hours were like? Does Universal still occasionally close at 6pm? I did an off season trip in the past and hated the super early closing hours, but that was quite was a while ago. I want to make both night time shows (and Mardi Gras) so trying to decide if February will work.

Early February on the weekends will be
Mardi Gras at the studios with later park closing
IOA was open regular times

During the week it followed regular season closing

The parks are lower crowds first week of February and weekdays closer earlier
If I remember correctly IOA closed at 8

Check the website by googling last year’s park hours
It should follow the same pattern for next year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter