Universal and Hollywood from Anaheim

Emmo

Mouseketeer
Can anyone help me, Is it easy to get from Anaheim to Hollywood etc? How long does it take? and which mode of transport is best? Does anyone have any suggestions for me as I want to try and get a LA/Hollywood/Universal visit in if I can!

Thanks in advance!

My mom refuses to drive down there herself, so I'm guessing that it's pretty confusing.

There is a tour bus that will take you down there, though:

http://starlinetours.com/

I'm sure there are more as well pirate: Do you know where the Ramada Inn Maingate is at? There is a travel place right in front of it that can tell you all about the different types of HW/Universal Studios tours they have. We've gone there the last few trips and have been happy with it.

We just drove it the week before last, and we didn't think it was bad at all. I'm just trying to remember off of the top of my head, so make sure and check a map, but I'm thinking we just took I-5 to 101, then took the Studio City exit. It was quick and easy. Now, if you haven't ever driven on the interstate in CA, you might be in for a shock. There is a big difference from driving here in Oregon and down there. FAST!!!

You can take either the Amtrak/Metrolink train or the MTA 460 bus to get to the Metro Red Line subway in LA. The best Hollywood stop would be Hollywood/Highland, and the Universal City station gets you to the base of the hill where Universal Studios is located. The train takes about 45 minutes vs 90+ minutes for the bus.

Thanks jlmarr, sounds like a good idea to use public transport as we won't have to adhere to a companies time schedule. Thanks again for your help! Do you know if I can also get to Santa monica easliy to by public transport?

I have just noticed the metro stop for Santa Monica on the map, maybe I should have looked to start with!

I see from a metro map in a LA book that there is a metro stop in Anaheim, on the blue line (B), can I get this to 7th/metro stop and change to the red line (A) to get to the locations we discussed above? Including Santa Monica? Thanks in advance jlmarr! (If you answer this one too!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter