Unfortunately, this is what driving has come down to

Unfortunately several times a year my friends in our County have to scrape motorcyclists, car drivers and passengers off the Interstate roadway because either they didn't see the blinky things, or the trucker thought those blinky things gives them the right of way.
In either case I've become an advocate for giving trucks their own highways.

My son drives truck and he's always amazed at how truly stupid can be. Just when he thinks he's seen it all along comes something even dumber

My son drives truck and he's always amazed at how truly stupid can be. Just when he thinks he's seen it all along comes something even dumber

Very true, but surprisingly stupid can be on both sides. We were on interstate (In our motorhome towing a vehicle) and a truck was merging. We could not pull over as there was traffic passing, also in front and back of us - the trucker got 'really' mad at us, went very fast to get around us, then - get this - slammed on his breaks. Dh almost lost it - scared us to death.

I tried to get his license tag but he high tailed it, and we weren't going to be stupid and try to catch him. We don't mess with road rage - too may nut cases out there.

Joy,

What can you do? :confused3

You and Robert stay safe and watch out for THE OTHER GUY.

Bama Ed

Very true, but surprisingly stupid can be on both sides. We were on interstate (In our motorhome towing a vehicle) and a truck was merging. We could not pull over as there was traffic passing, also in front and back of us - the trucker got 'really' mad at us, went very fast to get around us, then - get this - slammed on his breaks. Dh almost lost it - scared us to death.

I tried to get his license tag but he high tailed it, and we weren't going to be stupid and try to catch him. We don't mess with road rage - too may nut cases out there.
Please, (Everyone) in the future if you're driving use a hands free cell phone, if you have one, or pull over if you can do so safely, or have a passenger do the following;
Pick up a cell phone and punch in 911.
The system will (hopefully) relay the call to the nearest 911 Call Center.
A good description of the vehicle and any unique placards, signs, titles, or damage, will give a responding Officer a better chance of making a match up.
All reckless driving, whether it's a truck, bus, passenger car, motorcycle, or any other motorized vehicle, should be reported immediately.
Lives of innocent people down the road from you may be saved by alerting Police of a nut case behind the wheel of a several ton weapon.

No he sees all sorts of idiots, not just 4wheelers. He said truck stops can be pretty entertaining to watch on his down time

No he sees all sorts of idiots, not just 4wheelers. He said truck stops can be pretty entertaining to watch on his down time

I have watched several videos posted from truck stops, of guys hitting other rigs, etc. And one just wonders how some of these people get a license.

I have watched several videos posted from truck stops, of guys hitting other rigs, etc. And one just wonders how some of these people get a license.
Never park near a Swift truck, it's sound advice.
Someone wonders where these people get their DL as well. He's had to tell drivers they have flat tires, bubbles and other things wrong with their truck that should have been noticed on the "walk around" Sadly there are driving schools who pass anyone who pays their fee

truck-stuck-under-bridge-1-1526662271[9552].jpeg

truck-stuck-under-bridge-2-1526662361[9550].jpeg

This bridge is down from where I work. It is an active RR bridge, posted height 12ft 10 inches.

20180512_093310[9548].jpeg

This fella was in front of me last weekend. He had 4 bikes blocking his taillights completely, in heavy rain and fog.

This bridge is down from where I work. It is an active RR bridge, posted height 12ft 10 inches.
I showed this pic to my wife and kids. In the second pic they all saw the sticker on the trailer that says 13' 6". That's wedged big time
This fella was in front of me last weekend. He had 4 bikes blocking his taillights completely, in heavy rain and fog.
Yeah, let's all steer clear of that dude

I showed this pic to my wife and kids. In the second pic they all saw the sticker on the trailer that says 13' 6". That's wedged big time

Yeah, let's all steer clear of that dude

Math may have not been the best subject of the truck driver. Sadly it happens there at least once a year, last one was back in August of 2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!