Underrated Disney characters?

Bambi's father is highly underrated imo. You can hardly find any merch for him, even after Bambi 2. Dean Hardscrabble from Monsters University is also underrated; an awesome, creepy female monster, seriously!

Oh man, Judge Frollo is incredible and no one seems to care. "Hellfire" is hands-down one of the scariest sequences I've ever seen in a Disney movie. Well, that and Dr. Facilier's "Friends from the Other Side". Such a great scene!

...I love my villains. :stir:

I think Marie is slowly becoming a well-known character, but as BrianL stated, people don't know what movie she is from!

Oh man, Judge Frollo is incredible and no one seems to care. "Hellfire" is hands-down one of the scariest sequences I've ever seen in a Disney movie. Well, that and Dr. Facilier's "Friends from the Other Side". Such a great scene!

...I love my villains. :stir:

My boyfriend and I love that song! I think all of the music from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is really incredible. Definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves. "Out There" gives me chills! But I guess since it's not all happy and upbeat people overlook it.

Also, someone may have said this, but the Fox and the Hound! I wanna see more merch for that movie in the parks!!!! It was one of my favorites as a kid.

I think Marie is slowly becoming a well-known character, but as BrianL stated, people don't know what movie she is from!
It's strange since Disney's been creating alot of Marie merchandise since the late 90's so much that people can recognize the character but aren't aware of what film she's from or even the name of the character itself.

I think Pocahontas is highly underrated at Disney World. She's a well known character, and probably the only *actual* real-life royalty among the Disney princess lineup, yet she's completely excluded from Magic Kingdom and even Princess Fairytale Hall where all the other princesses pictures are!
Another completely underrated Disney (Pixar) character is Wall-E! I thought the movie was so innovative with the Hello, Dolly! soundtrack and Wall-E & Eve were adorable.

I really liked Arlo from the Good Dinosaur, but it seems like it was a flop and after the initial flurry of merchandise, it seems like it's already been forgotten.

I remember really loving Kanga from the Winnie The Pooh franchise. She might had been one of the first fictional mothers that I feel in love with. Especially in The Tigger Movie and Piglet's Big Movie.

I thought these two Moose from Brother Bear were hilarious and are extremely underrated. Rutt and Tuke the Canadian Moose.

My boyfriend and I love that song! I think all of the music from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is really incredible. Definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves. "Out There" gives me chills! But I guess since it's not all happy and upbeat people overlook it.

Oh, yes, Hunchback is underrated as far as Disney goes, especially since the beautiful stage musical never went to Broadway. I love the book and the French musical as well, and if Disney ever decided to do a new LA, this would be the one I would actually be excited for. Quasi and Edmeralda and Clopin and Frollo are all awesome.

But I still think that Bambi's dad is a more underrated character than any of them. As a kid I read the original book by Felix Salten and he was my favorite character. Even the book is rather underrated, and no unabridged edition has been published in English since the 1920s (I was bummed when I found out my beloved childhood edition is abridged). If Disney ever made a Bambi LA, maybe that'd give publishers an incentive to rerelease an unabridged translation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!