UPDATED: Ultimate park hop - 6 parks in one day - WE DID IT!

We arrived at LAX several weeks ago and used uber to get to Disneyland. Was very quick and easy. I'm sure much quicker than waiting for a shuttle. Might consider uberX to Anaheim to save some time. There are specific pick up points at each terminal that are easy to find or just ask. As soon as we picked up our bags I arranged an uber driver and 45 minutes later we were at our Disneyland hotel. Cost $48.00.

We arrived at LAX several weeks ago and used uber to get to Disneyland. Was very quick and easy. I'm sure much quicker than waiting for a shuttle. Might consider uberX to Anaheim to save some time. There are specific pick up points at each terminal that are easy to find or just ask. As soon as we picked up our bags I arranged an uber driver and 45 minutes later we were at our Disneyland hotel. Cost $48.00.

Definitely something to consider! Right now I have a Super Shuttle reservation for a private van, just for us. This is what we used last year and it worked pretty well. They have an app and you just check in and let them know you've landed and they tell you where to meet your driver. We hardly waited at all last year. But it is kinda pricy at ~$100 each way. Hate being jammed in a shared van!!

Not directly related to the ultimate park hop, but we just saved $400 on our Grand Californian package using the Visa offer that came out yesterday!!! Definitely helps defray the cost of this epic adventure!! :)

Super excited about all the fun stuff announced at D23 over the weekend (though I do mourn for the Great Movie Ride and Ellen.)

It got me thinking though... for this ultimate park hop, we were hoping to be able to snag a same-day FP for RnRC or GMR (d'oh!) as we make our way from DAK to DHS after using our pre-booked FP on Na'vi River Journey. With the GMR out of inventory now, that's one less attraction to eat up volume at DHS. It may be really hard for us to snag a FP at DHS now... And with only four attractions at DHS, stand-by times might be really bad...

Super excited about all the fun stuff announced at D23 over the weekend (though I do mourn for the Great Movie Ride and Ellen.)

It got me thinking though... for this ultimate park hop, we were hoping to be able to snag a same-day FP for RnRC or GMR (d'oh!) as we make our way from DAK to DHS after using our pre-booked FP on Na'vi River Journey. With the GMR out of inventory now, that's one less attraction to eat up volume at DHS. It may be really hard for us to snag a FP at DHS now... And with only four attractions at DHS, stand-by times might be really bad...
More people may be avoiding DHS entirely though. I certainly am wondering whether wait times will get longer because less people to send elsewhere (DHS and Epcot), or whether crowds will get lower because they want to postpone their trips... Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

More people may be avoiding DHS entirely though. I certainly am wondering whether wait times will get longer because less people to send elsewhere (DHS and Epcot), or whether crowds will get lower because they want to postpone their trips... Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I hope they just avoid DHS altogether! We have APs so it doesn't bother us, but for those with regular tickets, especially non-hoppers, DHS doesn't seem worth the price of admission right now!

My husband has already committed to stalking FP+ availability in DHS starting on 8/14 to see what chances we might have. Fingers crossed! Otherwise, Star Tours stand-by might have to be the choice...

Hope all goes well. We will also take a look from here in KY to see the results.

If my clan of 4 ever tried that( and we've looked at 2018 as a possibility), we'd do either a flight on SW or Delta with a short layover and a landing at SNA. Our first DL flight was into LAX and it took over 3 hours from landing to get to our hotel just outside of DL due to traffic. SNA was less than 30 minutes from deplaning to our hotel. The 4:37 landing at LAX during LA rush hour would make the most challenging part IMO, plus the unreliability of being on Frontier being the other challenge.

Another cool option I have seen is from running marathons, over 80 people are running the Avengers half at DL on Sunday morning, then are boarding a plane from SNA to Las Vegas, to run the Rock and Roll Vegas half marathon that evening.

We'll be cheering from KY.

When are you trying to do this again? I'm really excited to see if you can pull it off!

Hope all goes well. We will also take a look from here in KY to see the results.

If my clan of 4 ever tried that( and we've looked at 2018 as a possibility), we'd do either a flight on SW or Delta with a short layover and a landing at SNA. Our first DL flight was into LAX and it took over 3 hours from landing to get to our hotel just outside of DL due to traffic. SNA was less than 30 minutes from deplaning to our hotel. The 4:37 landing at LAX during LA rush hour would make the most challenging part IMO, plus the unreliability of being on Frontier being the other challenge.

Another cool option I have seen is from running marathons, over 80 people are running the Avengers half at DL on Sunday morning, then are boarding a plane from SNA to Las Vegas, to run the Rock and Roll Vegas half marathon that evening.

We'll be cheering from KY.

Yeah, I wish we were flying in to SNA. But this flight was booked because it cost $88 per person to fly across the country, not because we were trying to make this park hop work. Maybe someday though!

Just for fun, I just looked to see if there were any feasible flights into SNA. There is a Delta flight that leaves MCO at 2:20 and lands at SNA at 6:40. I feel like that one would be just as tight as our 4:37 pm LAX landing. We may just need to try this again when the parks have better hours!

And I can't imagine running two half marathons on the same day! But I supposed I'd better get used to the idea since I am signed up for Dopey in 2018!! :)

We will be at WDW on 8/29. Our plan is to go to AK first thing. Post when you pick what shirts you will where and we will look for you and cheer you on.

Will do!

I bought a Cricut machine on Amazon Prime day, and I have a few ideas I'm am working through in my head. Hopefully I can figure out how to use the thing soon!!

Disneyland park hours for 8/29 were released today and as expected, we have an 8:00 pm close at DCA and a 9:00 pm close at Disneyland. I was really hoping for extended hours, but I'm not surprised. This is what we've expected all along.

With our plane slated to land at LAX at 4:37 pm, we will have a little over three hours to: deplane (prepurchased seats at the front of the plane), get our luggage at baggage claim, grab our Super Shuttle (reserved a private van), battle LA rush hour traffic (ugh!), check in to the Grand Californian and get our tickets, ditch our luggage, get through security, get into the park the first time (ticket photos etc. ugh), and get in line for some attraction at DCA, all before 8:00 pm.

Depending on what the lines are like at GCH, we may just ditch our bags with bell services and bolt. We have 5 day park hoppers as part of our package, but we're there for 6 days, so we need to purchase extra 1-day tickets anyway. I'm thinking we should purchase those in advance, and have the option to use them rather than our package tickets on our ultimate park hop day. There's no photo requirement on one-day tickets, right? That might save us a few moments trying to get into DCA...

I also just need to run the numbers to make sure that buying 5 day tickets and 1 day tickets is still cheaper than upgrading our WDW APs. I think it is, but I should probably double check...

So this is the part where I need west coast expertise! We've only been to DL 3 times, so we're familiar with it, but not at expert level like we are in Florida.

It will probably be faster to get into DCA using the GCH hotel entrance than going through DTD, right?

If we're running into DCA with moments to spare, which attractions will be the easiest to get to from the main gate? From the GCH gate?

I'm assuming it works the same as in FL for park close... as long as we are in an attraction line by 7:59 pm we get to ride? We just need to make sure we're in a line that's less than an hour long so we have time to race across to DL and get in a line there before 8:59 pm.

Sorry for rambling... the CA planning side is a lot harder!!

Don't have time to read through all of this, but you are severely underestimating the bus times and travel time. If you are taking the bus, say you walk from MK to Contemporary, thats 10 minutes from the gate of MK, maybe a little shorter. Then potentially 20 minute or more wait for a bus and 20 minute ride. Its easily going to be an hour between parks. Uber could shorten it, but I still think riding a ride at epcot and leaving by 10am will be very tough. As for express buses, you know they only go every half hour right?

Don't have time to read through all of this, but you are severely underestimating the bus times and travel time. If you are taking the bus, say you walk from MK to Contemporary, thats 10 minutes from the gate of MK, maybe a little shorter. Then potentially 20 minute or more wait for a bus and 20 minute ride. Its easily going to be an hour between parks. Uber could shorten it, but I still think riding a ride at epcot and leaving by 10am will be very tough. As for express buses, you know they only go every half hour right?

Oh it's going to be tight. There's no way around that. But I don't think it's necessarily as bad as you're thinking.

We can get into MK at 7:45 am for EMM. We will be there early to be among the first people let in. We are planning to ride 7DMT as our MK ride. We could theoretically be done our one ride before 8:00 am and be headed back out of MK. It will still be an hour before actual rope drop there so we should have a huge crowd to contend with getting back out of MK.

From there we will walk to the Contemporary and see what the estimated wait time is on the next bus to DAK. If one is coming soon, we can hop on it. But more likely, we can call a cab, or an Uber, or Lyft, or Minnie van, depending on how those are going to work. It is a long-ish ride from the Contemporary to DAK, but that's ok because DAK doesn't open until 9 anyway.

We have a FP from 9:05-10:05 in DAK for Na'vi River Journey. It's a short ride so once again, theoretically we will have enough time to walk to the Express bus and grab the 10:10 am bus to DHS. (If we miss that bus, no way we'd wait around for the next one. Instead, we'd go back to the front of the park and once again grab an Uber, Lyft, or Minnie van to DHS.) And if we're done NRJ early, we certainly wouldn't wait for the Express bus; we'd just grab a cab, Uber, or whatever to DHS.

The Express bus at DHS would drop us off right by RnRC and TOT, and hopefully we will have secured FP for one of those attractions en route. Ideally we'd still be able to make the 11:00 am Express bus to Epcot, but that's probably unlikely. If we have to walk, we have to walk. Uber, Lyft, and Minnie vans continue to be an option too. DHS is now our FL wildcard with the loss of the Great Movie Ride. One fewer attraction to disperse the crowd.

If we can get to Epcot by 11:15-11:20, we have a chance to grab a quick ride on Spaceship Earth (if we are able to get a good FP time) or on Gran Fiesta tour or Figment or something.

And while we'd love to do a photo and an attraction in each park, if push comes to shove, we can drop the goal to do a ride and just grab a quick photo before we bolt.

Nothing is guaranteed and it's not going to be easy, but I do think it's possible. We have our plan, and a million back-up plans at the ready. And regardless, it will be a lot of fun to try!

I also just need to run the numbers to make sure that buying 5 day tickets and 1 day tickets is still cheaper than upgrading our WDW APs. I think it is, but I should probably double check...

So this is the part where I need west coast expertise! We've only been to DL 3 times, so we're familiar with it, but not at expert level like we are in Florida.

It will probably be faster to get into DCA using the GCH hotel entrance than going through DTD, right?

If we're running into DCA with moments to spare, which attractions will be the easiest to get to from the main gate? From the GCH gate?

I'm assuming it works the same as in FL for park close... as long as we are in an attraction line by 7:59 pm we get to ride? We just need to make sure we're in a line that's less than an hour long so we have time to race across to DL and get in a line there before 8:59 pm.

Sorry for rambling... the CA planning side is a lot harder!!

All tickets now do photos, including one-day park hoppers.

Grand California entrance is much much faster than DTD. And far fewer people.

As for attractions I would check the wait times as you are about to enter. Recommended options would be Ariel, Mater, or Monsters Inc. You can even consider something in A Bug's Land (Heimlich is the cutest in my opinion).
Also, wait times at the end of the night tend to not get updated at DLR, so something may say 20 minutes when it's really a walk on!

At least DCA is fairly compact so it's easy to get to any of those and then get across esplanade. A couple weekends ago I had a FP for GotG from 9:30-10, but wanted to see the fireworks in DL at 9:30. So I watched those from the end of Main Street then walked out of park and across to DCA (couldn't even go as fast as I wanted because I had blisters) and up to GotG-was able to get on ride before 10!

For checking prices make sure to consider the food and merchandise discounts. At DLR most permanent food places (QS and TS) have AP discounts, unlike WDW where there's a much more limited list.

I've done the WDW parks in one day (at least one ride, one photo and one food per park was our criteria lol) but now I'm thinking I would LOVE to try this. Adding it to my Disney bucket list!

Looking forward to seeing how well you do and cheering you on!

I wish you the best of luck - but yikes, with those park hours for the CA parks, you are going to need some serious luck. Rush hour traffic in LA and Orange County on a Tuesday afternoon/evening is no joke. Even if your planes are on time, you hustle through the airport, and somehow are in your van and on the road by say, 5:15pm, you are hopping on the 405 Freeway at the absolute worst possible time. My guess is you will be pulling in to the Grand Californian around 7:30pm at the earliest. Battled the 405 freeway for 20 years of my life, no thank you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter