Ultimate Day of Thrills

Micki NJ

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done 'The Ultimate Day of Thrills – A Walt Disney World VIP Tour Experience (PC06)' while on a Disney cruise? I am interested in hearing more about it and also how much time you have left in the parks after the guide leaves you after you have to get on the buses back to the ship.

We only have one day at the park and I want to make the most of it :) I've seen the itinerary but interested how the experience was for a cruise passenger since we'd arrive later and not sure what time we have to head back to the ship.

Has anyone ever done 'The Ultimate Day of Thrills – A Walt Disney World VIP Tour Experience (PC06)' while on a Disney cruise? I am interested in hearing more about it and also how much time you have left in the parks after the guide leaves you after you have to get on the buses back to the ship.

We only have one day at the park and I want to make the most of it :) I've seen the itinerary but interested how the experience was for a cruise passenger since we'd arrive later and not sure what time we have to head back to the ship.
From the information I've seen, you'd probably do best to arrange your own transportation, if you try to do this. Reports are you have to check in (inside the Magic Kingdom) at 8:15 since the tour begins at 8:30. Not sure taking DCL transportation from ship to WDW would get you there in time.

It's only available on Tue/Fri/Sat.

It's supposed to last 7 hours, so you'd be done somewhere around 3:30-4:00, plenty of time catch a bus back to the ship.

From the information I've seen, you'd probably do best to arrange your own transportation, if you try to do this. Reports are you have to check in (inside the Magic Kingdom) at 8:15 since the tour begins at 8:30. Not sure taking DCL transportation from ship to WDW would get you there in time.

It's only available on Tue/Fri/Sat.

It's supposed to last 7 hours, so you'd be done somewhere around 3:30-4:00, plenty of time catch a bus back to the ship.

I won't know exactly how it goes until I go on my cruise on October 28th, but on the description that I got from signing up at the port adventures, it says that you will meet your guide on the ship. Also says that the guide takes you through customs.

I won't know exactly how it goes until I go on my cruise on October 28th, but on the description that I got from signing up at the port adventures, it says that you will meet your guide on the ship. Also says that the guide takes you through customs.
So it's a port adventure option? I thought OP was talking about the one that actually starts at WDW.

OK, looked it up. It costs just a bit more doing the DCL excursion than it does if you book it directly with WDW. And it's 1 1/2 hours longer (basically the transportation time from port to WDW). Also doesn't have the Tues/Fri/Sat restriction.

So it's a port adventure option? I thought OP was talking about the one that actually starts at WDW.

OK, looked it up. It costs just a bit more doing the DCL excursion than it does if you book it directly with WDW. And it's 1 1/2 hours longer (basically the transportation time from port to WDW). Also doesn't have the Tues/Fri/Sat restriction.

The tour in Disney World costs $299 per person, and for the ship it was $319. Before I signed, I looked up the price and found out. I figured that I could use this getting around Disney World. It is a Wednesday that I will be there.

I won't know exactly how it goes until I go on my cruise on October 28th, but

Elka - wondering how things went on your cruise. We leave on Saturday for ours and I signed up for our Wednesday WDW day. I know they take us to 3 parks. Was wondering if you did anything else at Epcot other than lunch and Soarin. I am planning on hopping over to AK from HS after it's over and then back to Epcot to finish out the night. Wondering how much time you had when it was all over and if park hopping was a pain.

Thanks @PrincessShmoo - Yes, it is a port adventure on the NYC cruise that gives a day in WDW. Since I only have one day I am trying to make the most of it :)
They give you a 1 day park hopper with 3 anywhere / anytime FPs and I hear you can also link the tix to your MDE and get 3 more FPs. I won't need that many since most of my rides will be covered by the VIP tour, but I wanted to ping folks who have done it to see how they liked it and managed the transportation. DCL will have buses taking us all to/from the ship all day/night.

We did this directly through WDW a couple of years ago and we had a great time. We started in tomorrow land meeting up with the CMs at 8:15. Tour started at 8:30 and we finished up at 3:45ish. The took us back to the magic kingdom when it was over and then we headed home as we live in Orlando.

I would think travel from inside magic kingdom to Port Canaveral wold be every bit of an hour. Travel between parks was provided and you would go out the back door of the park you were in and would load up in a van and they would take to to a back door in the next park. You did have to have your ticket as they would take it and give it back to you before you entered each park. When the tour was over, we had the option to stay in the park we were in or be taken back to the Magic Kingdom.

This is a great way to visit 3 parks and not wait in any lines if you are only going to be at WDW for one day. I would say if I was making multiple park visits over the course of a few days and was fairly good at managing fast passes, I might would not do this option as it is a little pricey.

They give you a 1 day park hopper with 3 anywhere / anytime FPs and I hear you can also link the tix to your MDE and get 3 more FPs.
I'm not real clear on that, but I believe you can't pull additional FPs on your ticket until you've used the 3 anytime FPs.

I'm not real clear on that, but I believe you can't pull additional FPs on your ticket until you've used the 3 anytime FPs.
We were on the 10/14 sailing. We received hard tickets Monday evening. I linked them to my MDE account that night and booked three additional FPs, so we started the day with six per person.

We did this tour in WDW this past summer (not on the cruise). We went to MK, EP and DHS. I highly recommend it! Eleven FP and virtually no waits! Lunch is at Sunshine Seasons and they provide water in the van. Don’t forget to tip your guide. Enjoy!

We were also on the 10/14 cruise and on our WDW day the last buses did not leave the parks until about10:45 pm.....I would think it would be the same for your cruise. So, if you VIP tour is done about 4:00 pm you would still have many hours in the parks.

MJ

Can anyone report back on their experience with this port adventure? My family is interested in booking this for our November cruise. We are trying to decide if it is worth the money. Thanks for your help!

Can anyone report back on their experience with this port adventure? My family is interested in booking this for our November cruise. We are trying to decide if it is worth the money. Thanks for your help!

I didn’t do it as a port adventure, but it’s the same as if you did it as part of a WDW vacation.

Your tour guide will take you through the FP+ line for approximately 11 attractions. Lunch is included (Sunshine Seasons when we went). Transportation between parks in a private van is also included.

I thought the tour was well worth it. We hit all our favorite rides with the exception of FOP (tour doesn’t include AK).

This makes me want to go on a cruise where this is an option. Sounds like a blast. How are the groups split up. Would a family of four get their own vip guide?

This makes me want to go on a cruise where this is an option. Sounds like a blast. How are the groups split up. Would a family of four get their own vip guide?

We were a family of 4 in a group of about 16 people. There were 2 guides for the group. We stayed together at all times except for the van ride. We took 2 vans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter