Uber from Aulani to airport?

AnneUCSB

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken Uber from the resort to the airport? If so, how much was the trip? We are a party of 7 and looking for a cheaper way to get to the airport than the resort shuttle.

Hey @AnneUCSB, I hope you guys have an amazing time. I haven't used UBER, however when I booked directly through Disney they did provide me with ground transportation to and from the airport, as well as rental car for a day free of charge by booking with my Disney Chase Visa. I would suggest to do the same if you can as I honestly didn't have to worry about anything. Speedi Shuttle picked us up and brought us to and from the airport on time, and without delay so we could enjoy our vacation without worrying :)

- Mike

Aulani is a bit far from HNL airport. So I think uber runs based on distance and estimated time. You're better off to take a shuttle than to Uber I think based on how large your group will be.

We were wondering the same thing OP, but opted just to do the speedi shuttle as we were concerned about finding an Uber XL for our group of 6, and because of the distance to the airport to Aulani. I've also read that Uber is not allowed to go to HNL, but not sure this is still the case. We are going in July and DO plan on using Uber to go to the grocery store, etc since we will not be renting a car. The Speedi shuttle was about $20 a person each way and I have heard good things about the shuttle here on the Dis. Good luck!

With a group of 7, you will either need to call UberXL which can be few and far between, or you will need to split your party up into two separate Ubers. I just did a check on the Uber app, and right now, the only Uber available is UberSELECT which is a luxury vehicle (Mercedes, BMW, etc) and they are estimating $87-$115 to Aulani and also a 20 minute wait for pick up. You'd need two of those for 7 people. Doesn't sound like Uber is a great option from the HNL airport.

Aulani has a deal with Charley's Taxi, flat fee of $55 to the airport. The issue would be size, while I have seen some larger vehicles in their fleet, not sure you could fit all of you and luggage in one. Even 2, would be slightly less than shuttle.

What do you do with toddlers? We'll have our 2 1/2 year old this fall, are they fine on these shuttles (we'd probably bring a car seat since we may rent a car one day)?

When I booked Speedi Shuttle through Disney, they asked if I needed a car seat for the kids. We are bringing our own boosters since we can check them for free on the airplane. I believe it cost $5 a car seat, but cannot remember 100%.

When I booked Speedi Shuttle through Disney, they asked if I needed a car seat for the kids. We are bringing our own boosters since we can check them for free on the airplane. I believe it cost $5 a car seat, but cannot remember 100%.

Thanks...good to know you can rent too, have to see what makes sense for us!

Some Charley's Taxi can fit 7. It would be a mini-van with a bench middle seat. The question would be luggage space. You would be able to fit 3 large suitcases and a couple carry ons with 7 people. But not a large suitcase per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter