"U" and the Bus Driver

GrimGrinningSteph

Be sure to bring your death certificate...
Well hello and good afternoon, all you lovely Disney lovers!

*gasp* Finally! A place where I will finally be accepted for the Disneyphile that I am. Huzzah!

Anyways, I'm Steph and I am a Disneyworld addict. [That's your cue: "Hi Steph]. Just wanted to introduce myself -- I'm 27 years young, single (So send your cute, single, disney loving sons my way, won't you? ;) ) and I'm planning a trip to WDW & The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in September with my roommate and our two friends. I believe we're planning on staying at POP Century and we're all SUPER stoked!

Now to get down to business. I have a question/story for you all: Last year, while on the bus from the Wilderness Lodge to Animal Kingdom, I met the BEST bus driver EVER. Seriously, EVER. He was the happiest man I've ever encountered (okay, the happiest man I've ever encountered that drives a bus for a living) and he was just a' singin' and joking up a storm. He had me laughing the whole 10-15 minutes it took to get to AK. As we were disembarking the bus, I stopped and said "Sir, you have been the best driver I have EVER had. Thank you!" to which he replied "Why thank you! Just for the compliment, I'm going to award you with a picture of....YOU AND THE BUS DRIVER!!!".
I kinda gave him the ol', awkward "MMmkay" look, but he turned to his bag, reached inside, and whipped out a photo. This photograph was of the bus driver standing in front of a wooden fence, smiling, and in his hand was a big letter "U". On the back he wrote "Have a magical day!" and signed his name. I was ALL GRINS - I enjoy random encounters and this was one for me to share on facebook/scrapbook later on for sure!
So I strutted around AK with the photo in my messenger bag, bringing it out every once in awhile to giggle at it before hiding it in the depths of my bag again. When we got back to the resort, I placed the picture on the desk/table in our room for safe keeping. Two days later, the picture went missing! *le sigh*
I'm rather sure it got misplaced and thrown away. Oh well.

Does anyone know of whom I'm speaking about? Anyone ever met the ol' boy? Know his name? I'd love to hear from you if you have!

:welcome: You might try asking your question on our Transportation Board. We have several bus drivers that post there so they may be able to help you find who you are looking for. :)

welcome-smileys.gif

Welcome. That is an awesome story. I would definitely try the transportation board. Maybe if you gave a good description one of the drivers that post over there would be able to help! Enjoy your upcoming trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter