Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Ok, I know I should know this, but do I call MS or just the general Disney number to renew our APs?

Saw A few posts back that some folks have been able to get the "7 days for price of 5" ticket offer for those in their party who are staying as guests of a DVC member. My husband and I have annual passes but our two sons in their 20s are going with us in March. Their licenses don't currently match our home address . The previous post got me to thinking as to how and when their licenses would be checked if we bought these tickets and link them to their magic bands. I'm not one to try to get around rules generally speaking but if non-family members are being allowed to do this by DVC Members I'm wondering if it's worth giving it a try for our immediate family. Thoughts?

Saw A few posts back that some folks have been able to get the "7 days for price of 5" ticket offer for those in their party who are staying as guests of a DVC member. My husband and I have annual passes but our two sons in their 20s are going with us in March. Their licenses don't currently match our home address . The previous post got me to thinking as to how and when their licenses would be checked if we bought these tickets and link them to their magic bands. I'm not one to try to get around rules generally speaking but if non-family members are being allowed to do this by DVC Members I'm wondering if it's worth giving it a try for our immediate family. Thoughts?

Even though MS told many of us last promo tix (non AP) that the deal was for only for those with the same address, supported by photo IDs...

I don't recall seeing a single soul come back & post they had any issue using the tix for their guests.

Using the tix for my youngest DS in 3 weeks (his DL still has the home address on it). Unless i hear otherwise, will be buying for my DiL who will be traveling with me in February.

Hope to see some success stories posted. Figure the worst case scenario is the tix value could be applied to a regular purchase.:confused3

Even though MS told many of us last promo tix (non AP) that the deal was for only for those with the same address, supported by photo IDs...

I don't recall seeing a single soul come back & post they had any issue using the tix for their guests.

Using the tix for my youngest DS in 3 weeks (his DL still has the home address on it). Unless i hear otherwise, will be buying for my DiL who will be traveling with me in February.

Hope to see some success stories posted. Figure the worst case scenario is the tix value could be applied to a regular purchase.:confused3

Huh, very interesting. I may give it a shot!

I thought they specifically said that the last promo could be bought for guests but the question was if the member had to be there to activate as that is what some CM's insisted needed to be done. That doesn't have much difference from my being told that Convention tickets needed to be activated at a GS location - which doesn't need to happen. This offer differs in that it doesn't state it can be for guests but what I suspect is that once again there is no actual activation and once the tickets are linked you are good to go.

I thought they specifically said that the last promo could be bought for guests but the question was if the member had to be there to activate as that is what some CM's insisted needed to be done. That doesn't have much difference from my being told that Convention tickets needed to be activated at a GS location - which doesn't need to happen. This offer differs in that it doesn't state it can be for guests but what I suspect is that once again there is no actual activation and once the tickets are linked you are good to go.

I bought the last round 2 weeks before utilizing. Called MS and was told only members. WDW not great as to educating staff on policies or enforcing same.

When i pick up our MNSSHP tix @ will call (along with the mr's AP renewal certificate), will ask if i need to do so for my DS who is arriving the next week

OT i also ordered tix for MVMCP. Going to ask if i can pick them up to save a stop in November.

So we are a family of four and our two adult children in 20s have always gone to Disney with us for over 20 years. We are not allowed to buy these tickets for all four of us? Hmmmm I was thinking they meant other guests. I'll have to go back and reread this and decide what to do. I never considered them a guest. :sad2: So few DVC member benefits compared to the good old days!

Why can't I buy online right now? It's so annoying. Has anyone had any luck recently? How have they not fixed this yet? I can't buy any tickets on the WDW site right now.

Why can't I buy online right now? It's so annoying. Has anyone had any luck recently? How have they not fixed this yet? I can't buy any tickets on the WDW site right now.
It's working, but the IT person did something to the first checkout page that causes my CPU to double in usage, and won't let up until I tell it to stop (verses wait). It then continues on to the checkout page with payment info. I'm not surprised that this happened as the work on these pages has been outsourced to people who were not the developers and I'm positive did not test a transaction all the way through before rolling any changes to production.

So we are a family of four and our two adult children in 20s have always gone to Disney with us for over 20 years. We are not allowed to buy these tickets for all four of us? Hmmmm I was thinking they meant other guests. I'll have to go back and reread this and decide what to do. I never considered them a guest. :sad2: So few DVC member benefits compared to the good old days!

They would have to have ID that matches your address.

Just purchased 4 PAP and I couldn't be happier. The price is perfect and it will make us come here to WDW more often in 2018. oh yeah, I just joined the forum but I have been reading and following your site for a while. I love all the feedback and info. Great job by all.. I look forward to chatting in the future.

This is from the member website regarding the "7 for 5":
Important Information

• Ticket must be first used by December 31, 2018.
  • Tickets are valid for admission beginning July 6, 2017 and must be used within 6 months of first use or by June 30, 2019, whichever occurs first.
  • Offer valid for the Disney Vacation Club Members and up to 7 family members (must live in the same household).
  • All tickets and options are nontransferable and exclude activities/events separately priced.
  • Multi-day tickets are valid for one Walt Disney World theme park per day for each day of the ticket.
Last year's park hopper offer, you were allowed to purchase for guests. I purchased one for my sister-in-law for our trip last year. The prior year, I used AAA for the park hopper...they usually have a good deal. This year, thanks to someone posting here about Undercover Tourist's flash sale for the same kind of deal, I was able to purchase one for SIL for this past trip.

There was a time when NO discounts were offered for passes, nor could you purchase the dining plan for a DVC stay. This latest PAP offer is outstanding. On our trip last week we upgraded the remaining time on our gold pass (no additional charge) and we were able to purchase vouchers to another round. And last month I purchased renewals for our current passes before the Oct. 3rd deadline for the 13 month deal. Yup, the initial layout of that cash kind of stung, but we are all set for PAP through December 2019.

I bought the last round 2 weeks before utilizing. Called MS and was told only members. WDW not great as to educating staff on policies or enforcing same.

When i pick up our MNSSHP tix @ will call (along with the mr's AP renewal certificate), will ask if i need to do so for my DS who is arriving the next week

OT i also ordered tix for MVMCP. Going to ask if i can pick them up to save a stop in November.

Didn't need to produce ID for DS (who does have my home address on his DL btw) since both the 7 day tix & MNSSHP tix were linked to MDE

I plan on purchasing for my DiL for usage this February

I just spoke to Member Services. They said that the requirement to be in the same household applied to the AP offer. The 7 for 5 offer does not require your guest to be in the same household, but does require the DVC Member to be present at Guest Services to activate the tickets - presumably with your blue card.

I just spoke to Member Services. They said that the requirement to be in the same household applied to the AP offer. The 7 for 5 offer does not require your guest to be in the same household, but does require the DVC Member to be present at Guest Services to activate the tickets - presumably with your blue card.
Haven’t we already had reports that the 7-for-5 tickets don’t actually need to be activated?

I asked this same question a few weeks ago and the DVC CM was insistent that license and address would be checked for these. I have heard others had the same response as you. Very frustrating that this can’t be made clear one way or another!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter