Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

I did the redemption and upgrade at the same time. This may be the difference.
I'll be doing the same thing in a week, so sorry for asking for clarification, but I just want to be prepared...

When you say "redemption," does that mean that you activated your Gold AP certificates and then you immediately upgraded them to the P+? Or, did the CM just upgrade your certificates and then activated those? I'm hoping it was the latter; your Gold AP's were never activated and the CM just upgraded those and then activated the new P+. So instead of activating, then upgrading, and then activating, the CM just upgraded and then activated (which would be easier and quicker for the CM)...if that makes any sense!

Thanks!

I wonder if this PAP offer was to keep up attendance since "only" Toy Stiry Land opens next year?

Somehow I don't think Disney is having any problems with attendance.

I think I'll renew our gold passes, which expire 10/4, FIRST. Activate them... then upgrade to the Platinum Plus.

That seems to be they way to keep the 13 month promotion and take advantage of the new Platinum Plus promotion too...

We shall see.

I've chatted with a number of DVC owners who are planning on banking points for SW land opening in 2019 and then again for the MK's 50th. Like me, these are folk who have up until now had at least one trip per year, some years having 2 or 3. There could be an issue with too many DVC rooms being left open in 2018, hence the DVC AP offer we see here.

Our family purchased MYW tickets from UCT prior to the price hike for a trip in the middle of January 2018. Then I got talking with some friends and we may plan a girls trip next year so it would make sense for me to get an annual pass, especially with this deal.

Is it possible to do this upgrade over the phone? Unfortunately we will be there just a couple weeks past when you have to purchase them by.

Or could my friend (a DVC member, who will be going to WDW in December use my ticket and upgrade it for me?)

Or any other ideas to get this to work for me?? Thanks!

Our family purchased MYW tickets from UCT prior to the price hike for a trip in the middle of January 2018. Then I got talking with some friends and we may plan a girls trip next year so it would make sense for me to get an annual pass, especially with this deal.

Is it possible to do this upgrade over the phone? Unfortunately we will be there just a couple weeks past when you have to purchase them by.

Or could my friend (a DVC member, who will be going to WDW in December use my ticket and upgrade it for me?)

Or any other ideas to get this to work for me?? Thanks!

Your friend can't upgrade it for you and you can't do it over the phone. But if your friend doesn't already have a pass or tickets themselves you could sell them your ticket which they could use and upgrade and you could just take that money and buy the promotional AP which you'll activate on your next trip.

Somehow I don't think Disney is having any problems with attendance.

I think I'll renew our gold passes, which expire 10/4, FIRST. Activate them... then upgrade to the Platinum Plus.

That seems to be they way to keep the 13 month promotion and take advantage of the new Platinum Plus promotion too...

We shall see.

Recent 4th of July trip was busy but nowhere as crowded as i had expected. Discussed with several CM, all said attendance was down in the parks. DVC CMs said resorts still at capacity.

Apologies if this question is already in the thread, but since the first use can be as late as 12/31/18, does that mean that I could buy two years of Platinum Plus passes for the same person by activating one now and activating the second next year after the first one expires?

Edited: I just found my question in the middle of the thread, and it seems that the answer is yes. If anybody has additional thoughts, that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has alrady been asked.... can someone post the full prices please?

Im a DVC member in the UK and every time I click to take me to the offer from the email I received it diverts me to UK Disney and not DVC.

They must know I'm not in the USA! x

The current DVC special is $559 for a Platinum Plus Annual Pass and $370 for a 7-day, one park pass that can be used for 6 months after first use.

We just got back. We upgraded our regular gold passes while there. My daughter did hers at the gateway. The next day I noticed the expiration date was wrong. When she activated her new passes in may they were the 13 month new passes. During the upgrade she lost a month. The next day she went to the studios GR to fix. They had a rough time fixing. Seems the program didn't recognize the promo from last year and they had to overwrite the expiration dates. The supervisor confirmed that. It took awhile to fix, but was glad we caught it. I then upgraded my tickets that were activated in April via renewal. Again the xpiration kept wanting to go back to 12 months. She fixed the expiration date and I confirmed it on MDE account before leaving. So my tip to all upgrading check and double check your expiration dates, even take a screen shot of it if you have to prior to upgrading.

We just got back. We upgraded our regular gold passes while there. My daughter did hers at the gateway. The next day I noticed the expiration date was wrong. When she activated her new passes in may they were the 13 month new passes. During the upgrade she lost a month. The next day she went to the studios GR to fix. They had a rough time fixing. Seems the program didn't recognize the promo from last year and they had to overwrite the expiration dates. The supervisor confirmed that. It took awhile to fix, but was glad we caught it. I then upgraded my tickets that were activated in April via renewal. Again the xpiration kept wanting to go back to 12 months. She fixed the expiration date and I confirmed it on MDE account before leaving. So my tip to all upgrading check and double check your expiration dates, even take a screen shot of it if you have to prior to upgrading.

Congrats on your upgrade :)

As a software developer on large scale systems like this, it seems logical that the system did recognize the 13 month promo from last year, but does not allow for you to combine two promotional offers. From that aspect the upgrade technically should not have been allowed. Consider yourself fortunate that you ran into CMs who took it upon themselves to go the extra mile and a half for you. Not everyone will have the same experience.

My suggestion for others attempting to do the same: be polite and before they process the upgrade ask about the expiration date. If the cast member tells you the system is denying the extra month extension on the pass simply state that you're not sure you want to loose that additional month, see if they offer further assistance, if not thank the CM for trying and try another location.

My son used to be a ticketing CM for disney during his College Program internship. It's been a long time since he was there and many things have changed, but one thing has remained consistent: The cast members are good people who want to do their best for the guest. Treat them well.

Last edited:
Well, my bad as I kept thinking in my head that my pass expired in mid-Nov because I got it last Nov but it was on the 13 month plan so it's not until mid-December so no 13 month renewal for me. Now to figure out if I'll still do the renewal which is $505.88 or if I'll get a voucher for new. Or maybe neither. :)

Your friend can't upgrade it for you and you can't do it over the phone. But if your friend doesn't already have a pass or tickets themselves you could sell them your ticket which they could use and upgrade and you could just take that money and buy the promotional AP which you'll activate on your next trip.

Smart idea! I talked to her and I think we may go this route!

Does anyone think they will ever allow dvc annual passes to be on a monthly payments plan ??

Is there a child's version of the 7 day hopper pass? If so, anyone know the price? Thanks

Never mind, I found it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter