Two Bedrooms

GotLabradors

Missing Mr. Toad
Which resort has the best 2 bedroom villas? I'm looking for all kinds of feed back on this; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Old Key West has the biggest and homiest 2BR. I'm also partial to BWV, AKL, and VWL. Didn't care for SSR because of the outside hallways and institutional feel; didn't care for the layout at BCV, the closets and rooms feel smaller. BLT has an extra bathroom (as does AKV Kidani), but I don't like the theme or location. Really, it depends on your personal preferences!

We're looking at a multi-family trip. There would be 4 adults and 5 kids. I've read a lot on these boards about older DVC sites not being maintained well. If I had my personal preference we would stay at VGF, but that is pricey in comparison. I have never done Disney outside of the Deluxe resorts. :blush: (Of course the first year we went, the CR and the Poly were the only options) I know about the WDW bubble and I like it. ::yes:: I'm not sure the family traveling with us quite understands that.

We're looking at a multi-family trip. There would be 4 adults and 5 kids. I've read a lot on these boards about older DVC sites not being maintained well. If I had my personal preference we would stay at VGF, but that is pricey in comparison. I have never done Disney outside of the Deluxe resorts. :blush: (Of course the first year we went, the CR and the Poly were the only options) I know about the WDW bubble and I like it. ::yes:: I'm not sure the family traveling with us quite understands that.

My advice is to book a dedicated 2 bedroom villa at AKV - Kidani. Very spacious and the furnishings impressive. With 9 people, you'll appreciate the space and the third bathroom. Felt a lot larger than our home resort of BWV, which we love. But Kidani is quite impressive! And everyone will have a place to sleep - you'd have to figure something out for the 9th person at the BWV (as you would for VWL, BCV, or SSR).

We just got back from a Kidani stay with 4 adults and two children. Plenty of room. Had a fantastic trip - spent quite a bit of time at the resort. Kids loved the pool and slide. Spring for a savanna view if you can afford it. The balconies are huge and it's a treat to see all the animals. Great Community room, too.

I have stayed at both BLT and AKL Kidani 2 dedicated two bedrooms. I preferred BLT.

AKL was nice, but different, dark....pool is across the parking lot because the back of the resort where the pool usually is is the Savannah.

BLT beautiful lake setting.....CR/BLT complex has everything you could want ...3 pools, water sports rentals, spa, gym, multi restaurants, monorail to 2 other deluxe resorts, steps to. MK....monorail to TTC to Epcot, TOWL lounge for fireworks....I could keep going.

AKL theming is interesting, but I like the sleek and clean design of BLT....oh and Chef Mickeys next door.....we also love to take the boat to WL for dinner at Artist Point.

The extra bath is great for a large group.....oh and Electric Water Parade and movies outside by marina....:cloud9:

From your earlier comments I would definitely agree with Carol. AKV Kidani would be a great choice, especially if you can swing the savannah view. I love waking up to see whats outside every morning! That being said, there are plenty of lookouts if you need to get the standard view. The kids will love Kidani's pool. Our family likes it better than SAB. Also, with that many people I would only stay where I had 3 bathrooms and the sleeper chair.

BLT and AKV both have these things, but you mentioned you didn't like the theming of BLT. I also think the studio side of the 2 bedroom at BLT feels very tight as far as space goes. A lot of people feel that AKV is dark, but that's a personal thought. A PP doesn't like it, our family LOVES it. AKV is an experience in it's own with the great community center and other activities available.

If I were you, after you narrow it down, go to youtube and search for each room. There are many videos posted of tours of the rooms.

Just returned from a dedicated 2-bedroom AKV Kidani Village .. 4 adults, two kids ages 3 and 5 ... Rooms were very spacious (larger than BWV) and our guests appreciated the 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom instead of dealing with a sleeper sofa. Loved the 3rd bathroom, and for the number of guests you are bringing I would recommend a unit with the 3rd bath....provides a degree of privacy for those staying in the living room area!

We liked the décor (yes, it is darker than other resorts) but the furnishing is very comfortable (most comfortable couch we've sat on and we've stayed at all the DVC resorts!) loved the large balcony with the Savanna view.

The pool area at Kidani offers one of the best experiences for kids (of all ages) Zero entry pool with great water slides and also the water play area .. the kids loved this area.

The kids were never bored .. between the animals and pool area they were very entertained!!

We've stayed at BLT .. They are nice, but the pool area isn't as nice as Kidani and they only other plus is the ability to walk to the MK. (In our opinion)

We are BWV/OKW owners, and this was our first visit to Kidani...however, it will not be our last!

I have stayed at both BLT and AKL Kidani 2 dedicated two bedrooms. I preferred BLT.

AKL was nice, but different, dark....pool is across the parking lot because the back of the resort where the pool usually is is the Savannah.

BLT beautiful lake setting.....CR/BLT complex has everything you could want ...3 pools, water sports rentals, spa, gym, multi restaurants, monorail to 2 other deluxe resorts, steps to. MK....monorail to TTC to Epcot, TOWL lounge for fireworks....I could keep going.

AKL theming is interesting, but I like the sleek and clean design of BLT....oh and Chef Mickeys next door.....we also love to take the boat to WL for dinner at Artist Point.

The extra bath is great for a large group.....oh and Electric Water Parade and movies outside by marina....:cloud9:

I like both and try and do a split stay... Kidani is a more relaxed resort...BLT has more energy and is in the middle of the action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter