TS Resturaunt Coming to All Stars

They will consider it a justification to raise prices. But most people who stay at values do so because they want a cheaper room. I don't see many who want to possibly do a lower budget trip want to fork over $20-$25 a person for a meal.
I've seen many people on here choose a value resort with DXDDP, vs. a mod or deluxe with DDP or the QS plan. Some people care more about dining on their vacation than the hotel. We're kind of in that category, but we stay at S/D or Hilton BC to save money on a deluxe hotel & not be limited to DDP restaurants. IMO, a TS at the All Stars, especially with characters, would be packed all the time.

I've seen many people on here choose a value resort with DXDDP, vs. a mod or deluxe with DDP or the QS plan. Some people care more about dining on their vacation than the hotel. We're kind of in that category, but we stay at S/D or Hilton BC to save money on a deluxe hotel & not be limited to DDP restaurants. IMO, a TS at the All Stars, especially with characters, would be packed all the time.
That could be very true about the fact if it had characters. It could be a family's one splurge.

That could be very true about the fact if it had characters. It could be a family's one splurge.
I don't think that would be the only, TS splurge for many value resort guests. I'm not sure why you think it would be. Everyone I know personally that stays at value resorts eats at least one TS each day. It's not possible that I know the only people who do. People at all resort levels eat CS only. That doesn't mean they all do. Some people prioritize resorts others prioritize dining.

Last edited:
I haven't read through all 4 pages, but does anyone else see the big picture here?
  • Room refurbishments, added room amenities and a gondola at Pop
  • All Stars next in line for room refurbishments
  • TS restaurant at All Stars
It seems like they're doing everything they can to blur the line between value, mod and deluxe and get rid of those classifications all together. I don't think this is about "adding a TS restaurant to a value"... just like what's going on at Pop isn't about adding more bang for the buck.

I haven't read through all 4 pages, but does anyone else see the big picture here?
  • Room refurbishments, added room amenities and a gondola at Pop
  • All Stars next in line for room refurbishments
  • TS restaurant at All Stars
It seems like they're doing everything they can to blur the line between value, mod and deluxe and get rid of those classifications all together. I don't think this is about "adding a TS restaurant to a value"... just like what's going on at Pop isn't about adding more bang for the buck.

They've been almost upfront in eliminating that line...which means massive price hikes.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find an on property room south of $250 a night in 5 years or so. When a storm is coming...trust the clouds rolling in.

I don't think that would be the only, TS splurge for many value resort guests. I'm not sure why you think it would be. Everyone I know personally that stays at value resorts eats at least one TS each day. It's not possible that I know the only people who do. People at all resort levels eat CS only. That doesn't mean they all do. Some people prioritize resorts other prioritize dining.

I've often gotten the impression that many visitors choose the values because they are park commandos and don't care one flip about the hotel, other than being convenient. Why pay more if the ammenties mean nothing to you and you won't be using them? I understand their perspective if that's how they roll.

I've often gotten the impression that many visitors choose the values because they are park commandos and don't care one flip about the hotel, other than being convenient. Why pay more if the ammenties mean nothing to you and you won't be using them? I understand their perspective if that's how they roll.

I am under this impression as well...

...but of course...it's likely just simply budget...and that could be a dual purpose.

YUP YUP ... Stayed deluxe and moderate plenty but lots of stays at values (and offsite) because all we need is ...

Bed & Bath.

DDBD aka Disney Designated Bus Driver.

EMH.

At the rate the rates are going .... offsite will do just fine. I'm not there enough to dine, I don't care about pools and that extra money could be used for more visits, special events and more table service.

I can't wrap my mind around blurring the lines between these resorts. Location, room size, hallways..many things can't be changed and the values will still be seen as such IMO. I also don't see the point except to justify charging a lot more for values and mods. Off-site will work just fine for me too.

This is my crew. Really don't understand paying that much for that little extra, but everyone has their own set of priorities, and I get that. It also helps soften the burden of other expenses and allows me to spend at other parts of the park (like dining).

If LOL is right, I'll see you guys offsite...or just not at all. :(

I can't wrap my mind around blurring the lines between these resorts. Location, room size, hallways..many things can't be changed and the values will still be seen as such IMO. I also don't see the point except to justify charging a lot more for values and mods. Off-site will work just fine for me too.

Remember when I said my "short history of Disney resorts"?

...you made it even shorter.

Price is entirely about what you described. But you see the excuses/smokescreens being put out around here...for several years...

By the CUSTOMERS! Robin Hood letting the sheriff get away on purpose.

But get ready...there is no way this doesn't happen now. The gondola is what turned the flank.

I have dvc and therefore don't have to stress what this means...but I still know what it means and it is sucky on multiple planes

I haven't stayed offsite as a paying adult :) but 200.00 values would be the deal breaker for the short trips for me. The clarion on palm drive does the job just right for arrival day for us and could just as easily fit the bill for the whole trip.

Remember when I said my "short history of Disney resorts"?

...you made it even shorter.

Price is entirely about what you described. But you see the excuses/smokescreens being put out around here...for several years...

By the CUSTOMERS! Robin Hood letting the sheriff get away on purpose.

But get ready...there is no way this doesn't happen now. The gondola is what turned the flank.

I have dvc and therefore don't have to stress what this means...but I still know what it means and it is sucky on multiple planes

Consider this my daily lobbying for the LOL - "short history of Disney resorts" and a plea for the long form.

Can I just add my usual refrain of "Beastly Kingdom" and "immersive fanboy SW hotel" or should I be less lazy and post them appropriately. I'm secretly hoping Disney has some data capture software on this site and will eventually receive what I'm putting down if I repeat it often enough.

Consider this my daily lobbying for the LOL - "short history of Disney resorts" and a plea for the long form.

Can I just add my usual refrain of "Beastly Kingdom" and "immersive fanboy SW hotel" or should I be less lazy and post them appropriately. I'm secretly hoping Disney has some data capture software on this site and will eventually receive what I'm putting down if I repeat it often enough.

I haven't been able to stop at Starbucks...I'm
Off my game...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts