TS Resturaunt Coming to All Stars

Full values is not anything new and as long as there are eats in parks and elsewhere why there?

I don't think anyone is going to jump on a bus and head to AllStars to eat at a buffet while visiting new lands.

I don't think any groups are going to spend the money to eat at a Table Service.

It just seems it is the result of anticipated bigger crowds at resorts rather than parks, why?

Whenever we stay somewhere other than the All Star Sports my wife makes me go there to get vegetable soup from the food court. Always makes me laugh a little.

I cannot imagine what kind of restaurant they'll even put in. I also wonder if the demand was really there for this. I think Disney quick serve at the low to mid end resorts is pretty decent and is better than what you'd find at the deluxe resorts. They have more variety, more daily specials, large portions, and decent prices. It baffles me why a sit down would even be researched as being necessary. The demo here fits as these are usually your dining plan purchasers, but they're also the park commandos, and are they really going to spend their precious DDP credit on AS TS fare?

It will be a mediocre one...to be sure. They have little inkling to put cash into the established restaurants that are crowded and higher priced. If this is disney run I'd imagine it will be bare bones. Outsourcing is a strong possibility as well...

"Welcome to TGI...err...I mean...the "Silver Screen Grille"...might I recommend the Bogart Strip steak and pomme frites for $44.95?"

It will be a mediocre one...to be sure. They have little inkling to put cash into the established restaurants that are crowded and higher priced. If this is disney run I'd imagine it will be bare bones. Outsourcing is a strong possibility as well...

"Welcome to TGI...err...I mean...the "Silver Screen Grille"...might I recommend the Bogart Strip steak and pomme frites for $44.95?"

I figure it'll involve chicken nuggets (for the kids) and ranch dressing (shudder).

So what's this mean for French Quarter if the Values end up with a sit-down restaurant. That'll be one leg up on poor FQ. Perhaps when the Value prices rise, FQ will go down a bit to meet them?

Who am I kidding? Geez, I must've been hit with a stupid ray to even think that.

Bring back Bonfamille's? :D

It absolutely never should have closed. disney hotels are priced on the amenities. They took a prime one away and then proceeded to increase the price 5% on average year over year.

But people have to say "no"...don't make it so easy

I picture this place being a madhouse just for the volume it'd be dealing with. A couple of thousand guests at least stay in the all stars, so I could see it being elbow to elbow at times

It absolutely never should have closed. disney hotels are priced on the amenities. They took a prime one away and then proceeded to increase the price 5% on average year over year.

People never seem to want to say no. It's fascinating how much hold Disney has.

Plus I love Ranch Dressing. Oh well. ;)

This just caused me to read up on the history of Port Orleans. Interesting stuff.

Someday when we're bored...I can cut it to the bone and give you the entire history of wdw hotels including strategy...no fluff.

It's like a trilogy.

I'm bored now and stuck inside due to respiratory crap, so please share, please, please, please?

I'm bored now and stuck inside due to respiratory crap, so please share, please, please, please?

Won't steal his thunder but the Port Orleans resorts are one of the few that had a huge very detailed back story. When you checked in you got a big newspaper that was not just your resort guide but great stories about all that was "happening" in the Port Orleans world. I think I still have one.

Won't steal his thunder but the Port Orleans resorts are one of the few that had a huge very detailed back story. When you checked in you got a big newspaper that was not just your resort guide but great stories about all that was "happening" in the Port Orleans world. I think I still have one.
I loved that newspaper. It made the resorts feel really special. Those little extras really helped set Disney apart and it's too bad that it's pretty much meaningless now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!