Trying to get Membership Number.

Called today - got my member number, club ID and activation code. Logged into my account and our points were already there! Already booked a trip for June. SO EXCITED!!
Ok, so what information did you give them? I closed on the 5th, so I am hoping to get my info next week. Any other tips, ect you want to share?

Ok, so what information did you give them? I closed on the 5th, so I am hoping to get my info next week. Any other tips, ect you want to share?

Someone here said 8 days and mine was ready 8 days after closing, which for you would be Tuesday. I just needed to provide member administration (option 2, option 3 when calling) the prior owner's contract (club id) number. Once I got my member number, they transferred me over to member services who gave me my club ID number and the activation code. They wouldn't give me my husband's activation code though - he had to call himself. That was pretty comical as he doesn't do any of the disney stuff (even though we use his account for everything) - he told me he was so flustered on the phone!

Hey guys! Just happened to check my account and my new contract appeared under my Profile!!! We are on Day 7 since contract was filed.

For those who received their points already (existing DVC members), did the points appear same day as the contract addition in your profile? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys! Just happened to check my account and my new contract appeared under my Profile!!! We are on Day 7 since contract was filed.

For those who received their points already (existing DVC members), did the points appear same day as the contract addition in your profile? Thanks!

No, it's rare for them to get added on the same day. It's usually a couple of days after the contract is added. With the weekend I'd imagine it might be the beginning of the week but maybe it will happen sooner.

No, it's rare for them to get added on the same day. It's usually a couple of days after the contract is added. With the weekend I'd imagine it might be the beginning of the week but maybe it will happen sooner.

Thank you, Kat!!

My contract showed up on a Friday and the points showed up late Monday morning. you are almost there!

Someone here said 8 days and mine was ready 8 days after closing, which for you would be Tuesday. I just needed to provide member administration (option 2, option 3 when calling) the prior owner's contract (club id) number. Once I got my member number, they transferred me over to member services who gave me my club ID number and the activation code. They wouldn't give me my husband's activation code though - he had to call himself. That was pretty comical as he doesn't do any of the disney stuff (even though we use his account for everything) - he told me he was so flustered on the phone![/QUOTE

Ha my husband told Disney that I do everything, and they made me the main contact!

What week are you looking to book?!
I have two days at the Beach Club booked already, the 9th and 10th and I am wanting the 7th and 8th, with a preferred studio at SSR. Just a quick, relaxing getaway for my birthday. Never really had a relaxed visit to the world with no parks. I think I am really going to enjoy it.

I have two days at the Beach Club booked already, the 9th and 10th and I am wanting the 7th and 8th, with a preferred studio at SSR. Just a quick, relaxing getaway for my birthday. Never really had a relaxed visit to the world with no parks. I think I am really going to enjoy it.

Good for you! Enjoy it, and happy early birthday!

Quick update! Just got our points!! Was able to piece together a June trip extension. Happy to finally be done! Good luck to everyone waiting! Hope you get your points ASAP!

Got my need info today, that would be 7 days after closing. Just waiting for my points to load. So for what it is worth, try calling at day 7.

Recorded with registry 1/29. Called today day 14 and the dvc rudely informed me they have no record of us. She then said it may not even actually be recorded. I said it was on the website as of 1/29. She said well it’s not here. Is this normal? Two weeks post record dvc still doesn’t have our info? I have contacted our resale agent as well but I am very taken aback at how I was treated. Try again or just sit and wait?

Recorded with registry 1/29. Called today day 14 and the dvc rudely informed me they have no record of us. She then said it may not even actually be recorded. I said it was on the website as of 1/29. She said well it’s not here. Is this normal? Two weeks post record dvc still doesn’t have our info? I have contacted our resale agent as well but I am very taken aback at how I was treated. Try again or just sit and wait?

If you saw it recorded on the OCC site as sold to you, then I would try again. Make sure you get member admin. I am sure they are all under a lot of stress with the rules change just announced yesterday so be patient with them.

Yes it was the deed was recorded with the county 1/29. I called member admin. Thanks I know today hasn’t been an easy day for them but it was a very “undisney” call and now I am nervous with something being wrong.

Yes it was the deed was recorded with the county 1/29. I called member admin. Thanks I know today hasn’t been an easy day for them but it was a very “undisney” call and now I am nervous with something being wrong.

Yes that is a longer than normal timeframe. When you call again, make sure to set yourself up as a sympathetic character who is worried that something has gone wrong (which sadly is actually possible). Make sure to have all the information about your contract possible ready to go to help them locate it. Hopefully a new member will be more helpful than the one you caught today. I've heard about people having a terrible interaction one day and a great one the next, hopefully that will be the case for you.

First time DVC member via resale.
My contract closed on Thursday, 2/8. Disney had the documents Friday, 2/9, called them today and they said they set up the new member id about an hour ago.
They said it will take another 24 hours to get the web access set up, and a couple days for the points to load to the account.

Now.. to buy or not buy direct points?

I got my points a few hours after I got all my needed information, 7 days after closing. Wonder why some people have such different experiences? Could it be the title companies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter