*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

Hmm Denise, you have me thinking a rear step, i could re-purpose a hitch without a ball....just for that step up when I need to get in my bed. Maybe even weld a small plate on there....idea's floating now.

My F-250 has the "man step" built into the tailgate which helps a lot. Of course that's if the tailgate is down.

image.jpg Work built this one for my work truck. It is 2 in. tube steel 16 in. long and the step is 8 x21 in. They built it for me because after replacing my leaf springs it made the rack on the truck 7'2" high. It's a little difficult to get 30 2x12 on there without some assistance.

Just looked at that picture, my truck is dirty from the constant rain we have been getting, that and I have to drive through the mud to get to the job site.

For all those towing 5er's, air ride pin boxes worth the money, or not ??

I think the new camper that @SouthAlabama5er just bought has one. Maybe he'll be able to give some input on it. Anybody else?

I mean we haven't towed a long distance yet, at most two hours, and I don't notice any real chucking with our set up. I can feel the trailer tug occasionally, but I would expect that, as it is a lot of weight behind me. Not like our TT which was half the weight with the same TV. Just curious as to others experience with them, we have considered one, but it would have to wait until next year.
Just curious to if it makes a dramatic difference in the handling or feel as one is towing.

We had one on the toy hauler for the race team. We played with various air pressure settings but never noticed any difference. My current 5er is the same length as the toy hauler but weighs about 2500 lbs less (14,400 vs 17,000 ish with the Miata in the back). My current 5er does not have an air ride hitch and I can't tell the difference. Same truck. Same hitch.

I know people that swear by them. Based on my experience, I'd spend the money somewhere else.

j

For all those towing 5er's, air ride pin boxes worth the money, or not ??
1 guy i work with swears his life by it, another guy says they aren't worth the money.

Guy who says it's not worth the money is constantly towing cross country.

Last edited:
Just started listing to the Dis unplugged podcast about a month ago. My first visit to the boards was about an hour ago. This was the first thread I settled on and I fell in love. Just got my first diesel about 2 months ago. It's a 2015 F250 XLT with a 6.7L. I love it. I use it to tow my concession trailer (food truck) and it does a great job. Can't wait to get my first camper and camp at Disney World!

Just started listing to the Dis unplugged podcast about a month ago. My first visit to the boards was about an hour ago. This was the first thread I settled on and I fell in love. Just got my first diesel about 2 months ago. It's a 2015 F250 XLT with a 6.7L. I love it. I use it to tow my concession trailer (food truck) and it does a great job. Can't wait to get my first camper and camp at Disney World!
Welcome aboard and don't be a stranger. We're always willing to help, especially the Super Duty folks. :yay::stir:

The wife told me I have to get a truck. She wants a 33ft TT and we can't tow that with the mini-van.

I'm not gonna argue with her... Mainly because I've been wanting one forever but always been told no, but also cause now she thinks it's her decision so she can't complain about it too much.

Seeing as I work on diesel all day, I'd really like a diesel; my wallet has a different opinion.

Found me a 2015 Silverado 2500 4x4 crew cab with a 6.0 in it for only $25,000. I've got some mini buses that run the 6.0 and they do great but I'm not sure on how towing with a 6.0 would be. Any one got any experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!