Trouble using DxDP for QS meal

ColoradoMom12

DIS Veteran
Has anyone run into trouble trying to use the dxdp for QS meals? We're here now, and this is our first time on the deluxe plan. Yesterday QS lunch at MK was no problem with the deluxe plan. Tonight at Epcot we wanted to get a quick dinner at Les Halles. It turned into a 20 minute ordeal with the CM insisting we couldn't use our dxdp for a QS meal. We would have to use snack credits, she said. We want to save our snack credits, though, and since we had successfully used the dxdp for QS lunch yesterday, I kept arguing that it was possible. Finally, she went to get a manager who had to get another manager, and finally (!) it got sorted out. We were able to use the deluxe credits for a QS dinner. The one good thing in all of it was that at least the dessert was included. We didn't even have to use a snack credit for that.

Interesting. I have never heard of anyone having issues

Hopefully you won't have any further issues

Enjoy!!!

That's the first I've ever heard of that. Admittedly, the only time I've done DxDP was in 2008, but I was able to get a couple CS meals without any hiccup at all.

Tonight at Epcot we wanted to get a quick dinner at Les Halles. It turned into a 20 minute ordeal with the CM insisting we couldn't use our dxdp for a QS meal. We would have to use snack credits, she said

My guess is no one has ever used a DxDDP credit there, so they had no idea how to key it in. That credit is roughly worth about $33, and there' no way you can even come close at Les Halles, so you're probably the first person to do it.

Haha. Yes, I know it wasn't a good use of the credit, but it is SO hot here. The last thing we wanted was a large meal so we opted to cancel our ADR and just grab something light instead. We're not accustomed to all of the humidity (we're 8000 feet above sea level at home) and this summer here feels hotter than last!

Totally understandable. And since it's generally easy to save money on DxDP, being "un-optimal" on a meal or two during your trip won't hurt your overall savings too much.

Les Halles isn't operated by Disney, it's possible the cashier wasn't trained properly on how to enter it. Usually issues of this kind seem to arise at third party restaurants. Don't be afraid to ask for a manager or supervisor to help.

First I've heard of it. I've done DxDP the last 3 trips with no issues. I can see how this could happen with a new CM though. I guess the lesson here is to ask for a Manager right away if the CM is confused about it. I had a minor issue trading a deluxe credit for 3 snacks, but that was a few years ago when and it was only a month into when they started to allow that and it was really more the CM just not knowing how to process it, but they ended up figuring it out pretty quickly.

We had trouble using the DDP at Sommerfest in 2007. We were trying to use a QS credit for a QS meal. Should have been simple.

I get my receipt, and see they charged me 4 TS credits! For 4 basically hot dogs!

Luckily I noticed it right away, and they had to call a manager over. Manager didn't know how to refund the credits, so he had to call technical support, who walked him through the process. Then he gives me back my receipt and cards, and says, "oh, I guess I need to charge you the QS credits."

So I give him back the cards, and he does his thing, and prints the receipt, gives it to me with the cards and walks away.

I look at the receipt and, once again, I was not charged the QS credits.

Instead he CREDITED 4 more TS credits!

So, I went to Sommerfest. And left with 4 hot dogs, and four more TS credits than I started with!

I walked up to the cashier to ask, and he mumbled something about not knowing what the manager did.

To this day, I don't know if the manager was just really confused, or gave us a little gift for our problems.

DxDP is not broken down into specific credits (table service verses quick service), so there should be no confusion.
But like the others have suggested, perhaps the confusion comes from so few people using their DxDP on low cost items. Most folks try to maximize with the plan. You may have been better off just using your snack credits and grabbing some snacks to hold you over.

We had that issue at the counter service restaurant in Japan/Epcot. We used table service credits from Deluxe plan to get some ramen and sushi and the cashier looked at us like we were crazy! We were on our last day and had a boatload for TS credits to use up. I think it's just a matter that it happens so infrequently that some CM's are thrown.

We always do DDP and have never had problems with using our credits at a QS place. It hopefully won't be a problem for the rest of your trip.

I had this happen once. The charge at first got declined by the system and he said "oh i'm sorry, you don't have any quick service credits left." I said "oh it's the Deluxe plan," and the cashier said "Oh, ok, no problem! My finger just automatically goes to the quick service credit button." Then he pressed "deluxe" and it went through with no problem. I think it's just a matter of so few people using Deluxe credits at QS places that the employees don't think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter