trip to poly w/speedy!

soooeypig

Earning My Ears
HELLLLLP! Trying to plan a driving trip to WDW with arrival late on 5/23. Think I've missed out on any discount codes. After doing research, and having limited time and a 2 and 6 yr. old, I'm thinking a room-only res. at Poly would be our best bet. (of course, waiting till this late date, who knows what would even be available!) I've stayed at Poly twice and thoroughly enjoyed surroundings and being close to the 'magic'. We know that a visit to MK is a sure thing, but I'd rather stay open to other options for our limited visit....like playing in the pool and on the beach. I've seen some great rates offered at some other WDW resorts (such as Grosvenor and Doubletree), but feel like I'd be trading off some 'magic'. Of course, our short 3 night stay at a great rate would probably be equal in cost to one night at the Poly...and I don't know if it would be worth the trade-off. I'm doing good to get ONE more night out of my husband (he only wanted to stay 2)! I do keep checking for codes and any other discount info.

Any advice, sympathy would be appreciated. I keep checking the mousesavers site and love tikiman's site on Poly. Should I go ahead and book through central reservations or wait for a discount code (which is rumored to possibly happen in another week)? Might consider trade-in on my husband if you have one who would like to stay more than 2-3 nights! (hee hee hee)

Best thing is to make the Poly reservation now-----Doesn't hurt to ask if there are any discounts available---Even if not, & they come out with a new code before you go, you can call back & switch to the lower rate (if available).......

Just be sure you reserve though CRO---Their deposit/cancel date policies are better than the Travel Co....If the rate doesn't go down, you can always cancel (up to 6 days before, I think, without penalty), & book at an off-site hotel......

I hope it works out for your staying at the Poly---You'll be there when I am..... I'll be the one wearing the lime green ribbons!!!

Coool Kathleen! Do your lime green ribbons have a significance? If I make it there, I will keep an eye out for you and wave :). I will be the disheveled Mother, running with kids, keeping up with the hubby. I bet you already have your reservations. Did you get a good rate? When I make a reservation through CRO, can I ask for a specific longhouse? I wonder if the price goes up, the pickier I get?? I know it will for LV and concierge.) The last times I've gone, I've had GV, which is just fine. We didn't have children either and I've heard that they've renovated the volcano pool. Is that something too scary for a 6 and 3 year old?? Guess I just want to feel I get my moneys' worth.

I've also heard rumored that part of the big Disney meeting scheduled for 5/5 could be in conjunction with new software that merges CRO and the other WDTC....so maybe I should book today? EEEKKKKkkks...I hate flying by the seat of my pants!

Thanks in advance for any info I should consider :).

If you are a member of AAA they offer a discount at the resorts. Call CRO and ask for any AAA discounts. If you've already booked a room call back and see if you can apply the discount.

I did this with our reservations to the AKL.

Good luck and have a fun trip. Maybe your husband will want to stay longer, once he gets there.

The lime green ribbons are a DIS Forum thing, for DISers to recognize others at WDW......It started at a DIS Meet, & spread from there.........If you PM me your last name, I'll leave some at the front desk for you Friday night......

Yes, you can make requests when you make your reservation, &/or fax the Room Scheduler about 3-4 days before your check-in.
They don't guarantee, but it's been my experience that they try, at least with the request that you say is most important....

The pool has been redone, & I haven't seen it myself (my last stay at the Poly was more than 20 years ago!), but from the pictures I've seen, it looks great.....It even has music underwater!
I don't think it will be a problem with the kids being scared.....

Hope I see you the weekend of the 23rd!

Hi soooeypig,
I found you...it was nice chatting with you yesterday! I hope your last-minute trip goes well!
animal-smiley-073.gif

Thanks for info, everyone. Enjoyed chatting with you too, Joc, in the chat room that it seems noone ever attends....quiet, quiet! Doing some last minute snooping and figure I will try and bite the bullet today and see what sort of rate I can get. At least I squeezed one more night out of my husband! Yeeehawwwww!!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter