Trip report - Jan 07

J Marley

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone

Sorry that it has taken me so long to get this done but I needed time to come back down to earth.

We had a brillant time,my 2 wee boys had the times of their lives and talk about their trip every day since.

It was their first time flying too and they both loved that.Our transfer from C.D.G to D.L.P. went very smoothly our driver was waiting for us when we came out.

Hotel Santa Fe was a good hotel,very clean and lots of drawer space and the boys loved their bunk beds.It was a nice 15 minute stroll alongside a canal to the parks.The only down side to this hotel was breakfast was very very busy.

Our first day we arrived for rope drop at Fantasyland and managed to do Peter Pan,Dumbo and Tea cups in the first half hour ....wasn't that good going.We wizzed our way round all the lands and didn't have to queue very long at any of the rides.That night we ate in King Ludwigs..very nice meal and my husband and me enjoyed the buy one get one free beers after our very busy day.

Day 2 ..off the the studios ..we really enjoyed relaxing here after the busy day before and being able to sit down for a lot of shows was bliss.Moteurs was fantastic but the highlight of the Studios for my 6 year old son was definately Aerosmiths Rock and Roller Coaster.He just scrapped through for height.I thought he would come of this ride green ...but No he loved it and rode it another 5 times that day.The Studio Tram Tours was great and my young son loved getting soaked.That night we ate in Cafe Mickeys a real must do.It was fabulous for the kids to get close to the characters with no pushing or shoving and I still can't listen to Aretha's Freedom without getting up and dancing.

Day 3.....very very busy day.the park was full and the time to get on rides was close to 90mins.We didn't go on many rides today due to the waiting times instead we did the shows,Mickeys Winter Wonderland,The Lion King and we watched the Princess parade.We ate in Walts....fabulous dinner I had Cinderellas Slipper mmmmmmmm and the boys had Mickeys Puzzle ...kept them busy for a while.

Last Day....Up early to do all our favourites before we left.The park was much quieter today.We were able to do Big Thunder Mountain 4 times in 40 minutes ...This was J's favourite ride.We also did Mac's fav Rock and Roller Coaster 5 times.The queuing time for most rides today was only 5 mins so it was great we did all the rides a few times before we had to catch our flight home..........exhusted

A brillant time was had by all of us even my husband enjoyed it.I will definately be going again but I might leave it for a few years to get the boys a bit taller so we can do Indiana Jones and Space Mountain.

And finally a huge big thank you to this site and to Simon's book without them I would not have been as organized,so a big group hug to you all:grouphug:

Tracy

I am having trouble with photobucket at the mo I'll post photos when I get it sorted out

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Have you started planning you next trip yet?:rotfl:

Thanks for posting your report.:thumbsup2

Was the very busy day a Saturday? Looking forward to seeing your photos.:goodvibes

Thanks for coming back to tell us about the trip, glad you all had such an enjoyable time.:goodvibes

You mentioned bunk beds at the Santa Fe, I didn't realise they had any - did you specifically request them ?

Great to hear that your trip was all that you hoped for :goodvibes

Can't wait to see your photos :)

Hiya Tracey,

We fly out on Tuesday 6th March for 5 days, I have 2 girls ages 4 & 6 years and this will be our first visit to DLRP, we too are staying at Santa Fe. Do you mind me asking what 'Simons book' is? I'm still furiously doing last minute planning, any big tips for children this age? Would much be appreciated.

Was the buy one get one free on beer just a promotional during your stay? I'm sure my husband would like to know!:banana:

Ta
Lorraine
x

Hi Lorraine

The excitement must be mounting in your house :banana: Your girls will have a ball.

The book that I was taklking about was The Brits Guide to Disneyland Resort Paris by Simon Veness ....it was my bible for months before we went.

The beer in King Ludwigs Castle was on buy one get one free during happy hour 5.30-7pm and I think it will still be on when you go.also you only pay 3 euros for the kids meals when buying them with an adults meal.

The Santa Fe is very busy during breakfast what we did was my husband got the kids settled at a table while I went and got all the breakfast stuff.I also put a couple of extra croissants in my bag for a snck later in the parks :rolleyes1

It is a lovely walk from the hotel to the parks only about 20mins so I would walk rather than get the bus..it got very busy.Pushchairs can also be hired in the parks for 6.50 euros,my little one 4 really needed this as his wee legs got very tired.

Here is some photos of our trip
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/tmac_71/

Hope this helps you in your planning and if you need to ask anything else please feel free.

The photos are fab Tracey, your boys look so happy, we haven't actually told our girls yet, they would be too excited and probably wouldn’t sleep, best to leave it until the morning we leave!

I have been showing them a lot of DLRP images, and told them if they are good that we might take them this year (to get them dreaming a bit) They too have never flown, so this will make it extra special.

Thanks for the tip, we will be drinking beer in King Ludwigs Castle, can't wait now!

Does Santa Fe supply anything more than towels & soap? Did you use the petrol station that is local to the hotel?

What did you do in the evenings with your littlins?

Thanks Tracey

Lorraine
x

Hi Lorraine

My boys got the trip as a present from Santa this year.My oldest boy has always wanted to go to D.L.P but we told him that it was too dear and we didn't have the money.His face on christmas morning was a picture but we had to wait 17 days before we could go...it was a long wait for them even with countdown calendars.Your girls will sooo excited when you tell them :banana: :banana: :banana:

The garage is really close to the hotel and stocks everything that garages here stock....we bought fruit ...a hard thing to find in the parks and big bottles of water..to refill the small ones.

Santa Fe just has soap and towels.I took a travel kettle with me and some coffee,sugar and whitener for a cuppa in the mornings...I not pleasant before my first caffeine of the day:mad:

In the evenings we hung around The Village,we were not finished dinner until 8-9pm and my kiddies were in bed for 10-10.30pm.That was late for them.

A good idea is to measure the little ones to make sure what rides they can go on so you can prepare them and they will not be dissappointed if they are too small.They are very strict about height.They measure all who look small.
Big Thunder Mountain is 1.02m

Thanks Tracey,

We think alike, I too have bought a travel kettle, need caffine first thing in the morning!

Can't wait to show the girls your photos tonight!

Lorraine
x

Great trip report and photos. What was your meal like at King Ludwigs? We are going next month :cool1: and really fancy eating here but there is no up to date info on the restaurant thread so any info on portion sizes, different food options and prices you can give will really be appreciated. We too are staying at the Santa Fe and have requested a room with bunkbeds. What floor was your room on? Sorry for so many questions :goodvibes

Hi
Sorry to hijack your thread, but i'm staying at the santa fe in february as well, and I would love bunkbeds! How many floors are there?

Great trip report and photos. What was your meal like at King Ludwigs? We are going next month :cool1: and really fancy eating here but there is no up to date info on the restaurant thread so any info on portion sizes, different food options and prices you can give will really be appreciated. We too are staying at the Santa Fe and have requested a room with bunkbeds. What floor was your room on? Sorry for so many questions :goodvibes

Sorry Nulah it was a long time ago but as I recall the meal in Ludwigs was very enjoyable.I had a cheesy potato and bacon dish....it was gorgeous.Last Tuesday we called into the new bar for a drink and the delicious smell of the food nearly encouraged us to eat there again...but we had to head off to Buffalo Bills.

Our room was on the ground floor building 14 Room 13

Hi
Sorry to hijack your thread, but i'm staying at the santa fe in february as well, and I would love bunkbeds! How many floors are there?

It depends on which block you are in as to how many floors are in the building.We were in building 14 room 31 on the ground floor

newphotos005-1.jpg

Hope this helps you both :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter