TRIP REPORT 2003-2004 New Year's Cruise Day 4

disneycruiser4

Earning My Ears
DAY 4 12/30

ST. MARTEN.

We had arrived and were on dry land. We took a snorkling excursion to Penil Island, a short bus ride and boat ride from the ship. Had a great time, and were back on the ship by 1. Snorkeling was excellent and the guides used a float for the children to hang onto as he pulled them along.

Daughter and wife went shopping. Son and I stayed on ship and sunned and swam and had lunch.

That night we had Palo's reservations. Wish I could eat there every night of the cruise. While the rest of the restaurants are noisy and busy, Palo's is a pampering respite. Awesome food. We both had 2 appetizers and 2 desserts. Do tip well when you go to Palo's.

The kids had room service and stayed in the room, enjoying that very, very much. They had friends in, watched a movie and ate.

A note on the kids' clubs. We've been on the cruise 3 times, and every time the kids have a different view of them. My daughter loved it the first cruise and never wanted to leave (then 5), now at 10 she wants nothing to do with it. Son at 5 didn't like it at all. Do keep an eye on your child's reaction and go with his/her needs. I saw a sad sight one night after dinner as 4 and 5 year olds--in a line- were being led off to another part of the ship with 5 of them crying and screaming asking for their parents.

Tropicalifragilistic Deck Party that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter