Travel Agent for Solo traveler?

toonaspie

Just a poser
I'm looking to do this but I wouldn't know where to start. I only really need the TA for looking for the best hotel rates. But I do have other questions:

Can Disney TAs also do your restaurant and FP booking when your booking window opens or is that something you should do on your own?

and

How do you pick your TA basically? I have a ton in my city and I dunno how to choose. Should I pick one near my home that I can meet in person?

I'm looking to do this but I wouldn't know where to start. I only really need the TA for looking for the best hotel rates. But I do have other questions:

Can Disney TAs also do your restaurant and FP booking when your booking window opens or is that something you should do on your own?

and

How do you pick your TA basically? I have a ton in my city and I dunno how to choose. Should I pick one near my home that I can meet in person?

As a former, and Disney certified, travel agent, I will take this one. A Disney certified agent should be able to handle all of your booking, but you can handle some parts yourself if you like. As far as picking a travel agent, you should talk to a few and ask questions, and they should ask questions. They should not be pushy, and while a small consulting fee is acceptable, it should never be excessive and they should not be trying to nickel and dime you to death. Air ticketing and consulting fees are normal, but commissions are paid on everything else, so if they try to charge you fees on every little thing, that is a bad sign. Basically, you have to go with your gut. If you feel like something is wrong, you shouldn't be dealing with that agent. Feel free to inbox me if you have any questions on what to expect from an agent, but these are the broad strokes. Their job is to make sure you book the perfect vacation for you, which includes holding your hands through decisions.

I'm a solo traveller and I have a TA that I use to book my Disney Cruises. I've been using the same TA for the past 7 years and they are great! However, I've never used them for my park visits since I'm a DVC owner and I do that myself.

Another question: I'm aware TAs are free but the pricing of the package often varies depending where you book. What have you found to be the best price-wise as far as booking a solo trip and is the difference worth it?

Most travel agents will price match as far as the suppliers let them. However, a lot of otas(online travel agencies(expedia, travelocity, etc.) will give misleading prices by not including taxes and fees, where travel agents will. Also, some travel agents do charge consulting fees, and most charge an air ticketing fee(airlines quit paying commission to travel agents years ago), though you should be able to get an air ticketing fee waived with a package purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts