Trattoria al Forno Bon Yoyage breakfast 7/10/17

How long did the meal take, start to finish? We have an 8:45 reservation on one of our MK days and I didn’t make any FP reservations until 11:50 because I wasn’t sure how long the breakfast itself took and then getting over to MK would take.

i am looking at the new updated menus for Bon Voyage Breakfast ,and there is no more pastry platter, it is a sticky pecan bun for the table for an additional $4.95? Has anyone been here in the last few weeks?

I noticed that too and it came in the cute frying pan.

I just looked on the Disney site at the menu and it looks like its the same. Lists a pastry platter to share. Maybe it was a glitch?

How long did the meal take, start to finish? We have an 8:45 reservation on one of our MK days and I didn’t make any FP reservations until 11:50 because I wasn’t sure how long the breakfast itself took and then getting over to MK would take.

I'm curious about this, too. We have a 9:15am ADR and are hoping to be at the MK for noon.

Another thank you for the review. My 17 year old picked out this restaurant for the Rapunzel M&G (her favorite princess)

Hi all!! I was so excited to get an ADR for this breakfast! Not only was it something new, but also on my birthday!! So here goes, the good and the bad.

Our ADR was for 8:30a. We were staying at CSR and getting to Boardwalk was fairly easy as we had someone with a car. The drive over was quick, not far from CSR. We used the valet parking, down a quick flight of stairs and we were in front of Trattoria al Forno. I checked in about 15 minutes before our reservation. The hostess was a bit on the gruff side, not everyone is a morning person! We waited in the lobby around 5-10 minutes before being called. I have to agree with those that have posted about this breakfast before, the little cart and clothes rack full of princess merchandise takes away from the beautiful restaurant. It kind of cheapens the feel of it.

We were shown to a booth with an extra chair (party of 5, 3 adults, 2 children). It was a bit uncomfortable and we felt squashed, but there were no other tables open for 5 according to the server, so we just dealt with it.

Our server came over with a tray of pastries and juice. ( I forgot the picture!) The kids loved these, especially the little muffins (rainbow colored vanilla and blueberry) and chocolate croissant. There was also a jelly filled shaped like a clam, and a sweet sun shaped puff pastry.

We ordered and while we were waiting, Ariel did a cute little parade around the restaurant, which all the kids followed along. After the parade, the characters went for a little break. They were each announced before coming back out and everyone clapped. View attachment 254704

Our food arrived. I rook some pictures, a few aren't that good.

I ordered the King Triton's Shipwreck al Forno - Calzone with Soppressata, Bacon, Sausage, Blend of Cheeses, and Sunday Gravy. This was pretty good, but huge!! I left half of it, would be better if you could share, but it's prix fixe. It was filled with cheese and meats, very delicious! View attachment 254705

My aunt ordered Tangled Eggs - Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato-Basil Scrambled Eggs, and Sunday Gravy with Roasted Potatoes and Bacon or Sausage. She said this was ok. But, it felt like it was missing something. She did not care for the sausage at all, I thought it was fine.View attachment 254706

My uncle ordered Tower of Pancakes - Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes and Seasonal Fruit Compote with Bacon or Sausage. He thought these were pretty tasteless. We requested sugar free syrup and it was brought out, not problems. The fruit compote was sour, and they had powered sugar on the pancakes, which is not listed on the menu. We just scraped it off (he's diabetic). Sorry the pic is so bad!View attachment 254708

One kid got the Lil' Swimmers Delight - Egg White Omelet with Spinach and Tomatoes served with Potatoes and choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small bottled Water, without the spinach and tomatoes, just scrambled egg whites. He really didn't like this and he loves egg whites. Hardly touched it, especially the potatoes, which my aunt tried and said they were not bad. View attachment 254710

The other kid ordered Flounder's Flapjacks - with Bacon or Sausage and fresh Fruit served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Bottled Water, or Small Apple Juice. She really liked these, they are essentially Mickey waffles, just a different character. The kids were really excited to get little sword toothpicks (they like eating with different shaped toothpicks, I know, they are weird!) View attachment 254711

Everyone also gets to choose a small bowl of fruit or a berry, yogurt, and granola parfait. My aunt and I made the mistake of choosing the yogurt. It was disgusting, sour, plain yogurt, mushy sour fruit. The fresh fruit bowls were pretty good, strawberries, blueberries, and melon.

The characters were ok, the best was Prince Eric. The rest were just ok. Ranpunzel was the worst, IMO. She didn't engage the kids, just talked about herself. It was kind of strange.
View attachment 254712 View attachment 254713 View attachment 254714 View attachment 254715

Overall, I'm glad we went. It was something new, and we made it fun for us. We laughed and clapped along with the music, the kids walked in the parade. The food was ok, and for what it is, I think too expensive. We will probably not go back to this meal, IMO, it's a one and done. The Boardwalk area is beautiful though! That is the first time I have ever been there and will definitely go back when all the shops are open.

Thanks for reading along!
we are going in december and i felt the menu looked eh, but its also the experience.. thanks for the review

Arrived at 9:10 and seated at 9:20. Food took a little while, but overall it was an hour.

Food was great. Characters were great. I definitely recommend it.

i am looking at the new updated menus for Bon Voyage Breakfast ,and there is no more pastry platter, it is a sticky pecan bun for the table for an additional $4.95? Has anyone been here in the last few weeks?

I went on November 10, and we still had the pastry platter in the frying pan.

I'm curious about this, too. We have a 9:15am ADR and are hoping to be at the MK for noon.

From start to finish, it took about an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter